How long has Rafael got left?

How long do you think Senor Benitez will be in the Everton hotseat?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are VAST differences between where we are with Benitez and where we were with the other two long term appointments who were sacked, Koeman and Silva.

1/ the other two got well over a season to iron difficulties out and put their stamp on a team
2/ they also had transfer funds handed to them (substantial funds)
3/ they were sacked because the club was failing with all their best players on the pitch
4/ when they were sacked, there was scope to attract a new manager in and hand them funds to make an impression

None of those key scenarios apply here.

We're currenty 11th. We will fall into the bottom half further in the coming weeks, but we have to ride it out. The board know that. They know Benitez has been dealt a hand that the very best managers in the world wouldn't play any better.

There are VAST differences between where we are with Benitez and where we were with the other two long term appointments who were sacked, Koeman and Silva.

1/ the other two got well over a season to iron difficulties out and put their stamp on a team
3/ they were sacked because the club was failing with all their best players on the pitch
4/ when they were sacked, there was scope to attract a new manager in and hand them funds to make an impression

We're currenty 11th. We will fall into the bottom half further in the coming weeks, but we have to ride it out. The board know that. They know Benitez has been dealt a hand that the very best managers in the world wouldn't play any better.
the other 2 got well over a season, because they had good first seasons, you do realise that dont you?

I honestly think he has to get some form of results from the next three games or his time will be up with the Goodison crowd.

If we lose the next three, or even if we lose the next two home games - I know they're hard but I don't think we've lost to Arsenal at home since the 5-2 under Koeman? - then I think he's under serious pressure heading into the Xmas period. Whether that translates to pressure at board level would remain to be seen but it'd be a God awful run.

He probably should, being fair, get January. By then it's probably too late for a new coach to be brought in though so you'd stick with it. He was just the wrong appointment but, whatever, we are where we are.

I hate this argument, they absolutely would - that's why they're the best managers in the world.

But, I know Everton aren't in the place to attract the best managers in the world so I accept that. I do think we could have attracted better than Benitez had we actually had some gumption and wanted to build for success, not just staying in the PL until the stadium arrives.

I hate this argument, they absolutely would - that's why they're the best managers in the world.

But, I know Everton aren't in the place to attract the best managers in the world so I accept that. I do think we could have attracted better than Benitez had we actually had some gumption and wanted to build for success, not just staying in the PL until the stadium arrives.
Leave him to it mate, he seems to have this amazing crystal ball that can tell what every other manager in world football would do, I'm surprised he isn't marketing it on Amazon in time for Christmas.

You hate this argument because it’s logical and it undoes everything you’re saying and it’s why this thread is going round in circles.
Give it another half dozen games and if we have lost all of them and getting spanked then I think you’ll find almost everyone will be in agreement with you.- Even if there are still valid reasons something at some point will need to be done.

Snap poll. Bold predictions being banded about at moment regarding the probable length of Rafael's tenure. Notably by the more 'vocal' posters. Curious about the wider view. How long do you think he'll be here?
Personally I hope he stays. It couid be wishful thinking on my part, but I feel he will ruffle a few feathers, which long term could be a good thing. With him being the owners man against, the majority of fans and probably the board, will massively go in his favour.

He’s talked about the ambitious owners, last week it was the owner and sponsor.
If he’s gone in 2 years I hope there been a shake up of the academy, Unsworth and few others gone. And of the board DBB gone. I would say kenwright too, but there’s no way he goes before the stadium is built, will all know he will be cutting the ribbon

I’m baffled by a lot of comments whenever BMD is mentioned, as if just getting a new stadium is going to magically transform us into world beaters. It’s as if some on here think this is a given.

Yep, all true.

But the fact remains that most of it needs to happen and until it does there is no point chopping and changing managers.
'need' and 'will' are two different things, but either way, this club has been absolutely shocking at selling players. Either flat out bullied in the transfer market or everyone leaves on a free. Ridiculous.

I’m baffled by a lot of comments whenever BMD is mentioned, as if just getting a new stadium is going to magically transform us into world beaters. It’s as if some on here think this is a given.
It's madness isn't it. You still need decent players to improve on the pitch, a new stadium won't change that. It will be nice and stuff and a welcome move from a dilapidated old lady but I'd prefer it if we had a decent winning side to move into it with.

Status
Not open for further replies.