How long has Rafael got left?

How long do you think Senor Benitez will be in the Everton hotseat?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol make your mind up
Your original post suggested it means quite a lot … if you can’t be consistent how can I take you seriously ?
In my opinion it means quite a lot - which is far more reasoned than your ‘it means nothing’ - which it clearly doesn’t

Last edited:
In my opinion it means quite a lot - which is far more reasoned than it means nothing’ - which it clearly doesn’t
How does it mean a lot …. If it meant a lot favourites would win every race … it means somebody is getting voted because of wishful thinking it has nothing absolutely nothing to do with the reality of the relationship between the board and the manager at this point in time

His time here just depends on results , next 2 games are crucial.
1 win in 11 and looking down in the league thats him gone.
Of course the Benitez haters will be peddling ‘the next 2 games are crucial” stance because they smell blood. - Ironically because they know it’s an almost impossible situation.
A point at Brentford at the moment wouldn’t be a disaster.

How does it mean a lot …. If it meant a lot favourites would win every race … it means somebody is getting voted because of wishful thinking it has nothing absolutely nothing to do with the reality of the relationship between the board and the manager at this point in time
It does not mean ‘favorites would win every race’

It means favourites win most of the time, which they do. Which is why I qualified his favouritism for the axe as ‘meaning quite a lot’ rather than the nonsense ‘means nothing’ that you came out with.

The ones who want the current Everton manager to fail won’t take this into account mate.

I can’t understand why a select few people want the current Everton manager to do badly because of a past allegiance - if he does well, we do well and I’d take that.

There’s no point reasoning with some people, they just won’t have it.

Whoever the Everton manager is, some people will want him to get the sack anyway, regardless.

There’s no man on the planet who pleases everyone.

I want him to do well. I just want there to be accountability and consequences for players and coaching staff when we go on long runs without winning.

People are more than entitled to think Benitez will not do well, because there is plenty of evidence to suggest he might not be the right choice. That doesn't mean people want to lose. I hate losing, it's horrible and shouldn't be so easily tolerated.

The standard for being sacked at this club seems to be falling into the bottom 3. How can we talk about being a successful club and act like a club happy to survive. We are good at soundbites at this club, but we seem to have no idea how to improve the team on the pitch.

But that doesn't mean I want him to fail? Why would I want Everton to lose games?
You’d be surprised how many on the cesspit that is twitter actively want this matey.

The standard for being sacked at this club seems to be falling into the bottom 3. How can we talk about being a successful club and act like a club happy to survive. We are good at soundbites at this club, but we seem to have no idea how to improve the team on the pitch.
By the same token, the criteria can’t be unrealistically high either.

It does not mean ‘favorites would win every race’

It means favourites win most of the time, which they do. Which is why I qualified his favouritism for the axe as ‘meaning quite a lot’ rather than the nonsense ‘means nothing’ that you came out with.
I’d love to see the statistics for favourites winning but because you obviously have ??????
WAIT just a minute
If favourites win more often than not then all I fave to do is get on every favourite and I’ll be rich … pure logic based on your suggestion
Sadly it does not work that way
Bookies manipulate favourites fir their own end
If most favourites win
The bookies lose
Sorry but I don’t know any poor bookies
So unless you can price your naive assertion about favourites usually win then I’m out

You’d be surprised how many on the cesspit that is twitter actively want this matey.

By the same token, the criteria can’t be unrealistically high either.

The standard is 10th and 59 points. That's what we achieved last year with basically the same squad.

An FA cup run would help a lot too. We have to take it seriously, after what happenned against QPR with a weak side.

I’d love to see the statistics for favourites winning but because you obviously have ??????
WAIT just a minute
If favourites win more often than not then all I fave to do is get on every favourite and I’ll be rich … pure logic based on your suggestion
Sadly it does not work that way
Bookies manipulate favourites fir their own end
If most favourites win
The bookies lose
Sorry but I don’t know any poor bookies
So unless you can price your naive assertion about favourites usually win then I’m out
Sorry I should have detailed that with, favourites winning is the most likely outcome - usually about 37% of the time, which is a higher percentage than any other priced runner in a market. Which is why bookies price them shorter to minimize their losses, obviously.

In football matches which is obviously a 3 horse race, favourites win about 6/10 times

But according to you, being a favourite 'means nothing'?

As soon as we go behind, they will, deffo. The “you’re getting sacked in the morning” song you mean?

Yes, that kind of thing……also “down with the Barcodes, you’re going down with the Barcodes” will probably ring out from their section of the Bullens.

And I expect banners lauding ”Agent Ra.fa” to be on display.

Sad days for our once proud club.

Sorry I should have detailed that with, favourites winning is the most likely outcome - usually about 37% of the time, which is a higher percentage than any other priced runner in a market. Which is why bookies price them shorter to minimize their losses, obviously.
Lol
You said the favourite wins most of the time
Ha ha ha your wriggling is hilarious
Why can’t you get into a debate … accept a point someone makes as being correct instead of swinging around trying to prove you’re right
It’s ok to get in the grey area between right and wrong
Once you can understand that you will enjoy the discussion more
But just to reiterate
You stated most bookies favourites win
Then you say 37 % win therefore 63 % of winners are not favourites
I’m out of this conversation because you’re going to continue to defend your position and I can’t be bothered to listen

'need' and 'will' are two different things, but either way, this club has been absolutely shocking at selling players. Either flat out bullied in the transfer market or everyone leaves on a free. Ridiculous.
We're shocking at selling players because we have (mostly) bought poor quality players, offered them unsustainable wages and paid inflated fees for them. The very few good ones we've bought we don't WANT to sell, if we can help it.

Either way the rogue's gallery of Delph, Gbamin, Gomes, Iwobi, Keane, Rondon, Siggy and Tosun all have to go. Their wages could be better spent on younger / healthier / less cowardly players. If you command a starter's salary you should be a viable choice to start Prem fixtures... None of them are worth what they are paid, which is why our league position is not in keeping with the money being spent.

Lol
You said the favourite wins most of the time
Ha ha ha your wriggling is hilarious
Why can’t you get into a debate … accept a point someone makes as being correct instead of swinging around trying to prove you’re right
It’s ok to get in the grey area between right and wrong
Once you can understand that you will enjoy the discussion more
But just to reiterate
You stated most bookies favourites win
Then you say 37 % win therefore 63 % of winners are not favourites
I’m out of this conversation because you’re going to continue to defend your position and I can’t be bothered to listen
can you just say one more time for me, 'being a favourite with the bookies means nothing'?, which was my original point of contention with you.

My original statement was 'it means quite a lot' which it does, statistically.

The only person here wriggling is in fact you.

Status
Not open for further replies.