Holgate Racially Abused By Firmino - The Guardian

Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesn't matter if it's not offensive in Uruguary or whatever; he's in England when he's said it. It's offensive and racism; it's a label based on skin colour.

As for Firmino, no doubt in my mind he's said it at the end of that tirade.

Doesn't even matter where in the world he said it mate, it was on the football pitch and as such he's governed by the rules of the organisation - one of which is zero tolerance to racism

Racist comments are used by cowardly underhanded players to invoke a reaction to gain advantage in a game.

Comes after their player got dogs abuse but because it’s one of their own it DEFO happened.

Wait for the investigation but it will be interesting what the ref will put in his report but if it’s anything like his reffing, he will cop out (pardon the pun) sweep it under the carpet and let’s all move on shall we aka The Liverpool Way

From the camera angles it doesn't look like anything racist was said. In fact, nobody other than Holgate kicked off at it, which makes me think its much ado about nothing.

Hope Holgate only pushes this investigation forward if he is certain a racial term was used. Red or not, it's not nice to falsely accuse anyone of racism.

Watch closely - Holgate reacts right at the end. On the other angles, Kenny's head gets in the way of the final word.

So Holgate was looking bemused at the rest of the Portuguese tirade, but whatever Firmino said last was what kicked him off.

This makes Evertonians incredibly bitter and small minded and imo if everyone is in uproar about it.

If he did call him something it will be dealt with.

He's called him a N*****. There's no question in my mind.

Even that cess pit of a club are keeping their heads down and saying they'll cooperate with an inquiry.

The inquiry will sit and they'll clear Firmino for lack of conclusive evidence. It wont mean it wasn't said though.

Russian tv showed a long version of the incident in the post match yesterday mate, interesting that Rooney Holgate and Kenny are all with the ref when Holgate says what he was called to him, rooney pulls kenny away - covers his mouth to avoid the camera picking stuff up and asks Kenny something which kenny responds with hand over mouth too, but kenny deffo hears something as he looks kinda shocked when firminho says the last thing before getting pulled away.

Sherlock Holmes over and out

Oh another sign the ref totally lost it btw, Davies was warming up along the side and comes on the pitch and gets involved, should have been a straight yellow for him for that as well

Suarez didn't say n-###r and I doubt firmino did either since it's an English word. He said negro which isn't offensive in Uruguay, where I've spent a lot of time.
I completely agree that insulting someone using their race is unacceptable. It doesnt mean these foreign players understand that or think it as rascism. More a dig.
The Colombian player who made a slanty eye gesture at the south Korean during an international was bemused by the accusation.
He has been here long enough to have a grasp of UK cultural nuances around racism also should have come into contact with the kick it out campaign, no excuses.

I've watched it over and over again...can't make out the comments but what I'm now convinced on is that, although Firmino was clearly pushed, it wasn't hard enough to get him over the advertising hoardings...Firmino put himself in the crowd imo.

Also, I have to say, I loved the way Mason just stood there waiting for the response, standing up and refusing to be intimidated.

Suarez didn't say n-###r and I doubt firmino did either since it's an English word. He said negro which isn't offensive in Uruguay, where I've spent a lot of time.
I completely agree that insulting someone using their race is unacceptable. It doesnt mean these foreign players understand that or think it as rascism. More a dig.
The Colombian player who made a slanty eye gesture at the south Korean during an international was bemused by the accusation.

You’re another moron. Support another club.

Especially after the Suarez saga everyone knows you don’t say it.

In all fairness, I dont think he could comment fully, as he didn’t know the full facts. As he said others will decide the course of action.
He had his players words - probably two players at least. They made an official complaint and that should have been enough for Allardyce to say something like: "I know this lad and he's honest; he wouldn't react for no reason".

That would have sufficed.

Instead he just helps Liverpool and Firmino off the hook.

Allardyce should have backed his player up last night. He dodged the issue.

Think initially he did and said the correct thing mate, IF Holgate reports what was said which it seems he has done, then after the next time he's asked hopefully Allardcye does then fully support it, was too soon and too many unknowns to come out straight away post match and blurt stuff out from the manager though yesterday

I've watched it over and over again...can't make out the comments but what I'm now convinced on is that, although Firmino was clearly pushed, it wasn't hard enough to get him over the advertising hoardings...Firmino put himself in the crowd imo.

Also, I have to say, I loved the way Mason just stood there waiting for the response, standing up and refusing to be intimidated.
Yeah it looked like he made the most of the shove. Hoping for a red to holgate most probably.

Status
Not open for further replies.