Hitting The Back of The Net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's hit the back of the net a few times on weds & get Sunday out of our heads...

Two home games now & two home wins to put us back on track...

Goals need to come from all dimensions of the team not just two players...

We are just relying too much on Richarlison & sigurdsson other players need to step up & chip in more...

The progress has been significant & we all know we need another striker, however we need our players to all be capable of hitting the back of the net & not be reliant on just the few...

....i’m more concerned when we aren’t creating chances. Despite dominating possession, I don’t recall us creating in the 2nd half against Newcastle. That is more of an issue we need to address.

19 attempts on goal against Newcastle with only 3 on target is disgraceful Eggs, especially when you compare it to Newcastle’s 8 attempts on goal with 5 on target.

....i’m more concerned when we aren’t creating chances. Despite dominating possession, I don’t recall us creating in the 2nd half against Newcastle. That is more of an issue we need to address.
It is a concern, but is that down to lack of creativity from midfield or forwards not seeing the gaps they should be running into?

I wonder if they have anyone lined up in January. I hope Brands and the Boss pull some Christmas cracker out of the box, someone with a touch of quality like Richarlison or Gomes.

We haven't finished well the last few weeks that's no secret. We missed from inside 3 yards in the last two games FFS. But that comes on the back of an early season stretch where we were finishing quite well. Wolves, Bournemouth and Leicester were all games where we scored twice on basically two chances. The Leicester game Gylfi scored a screamer so we didn't even really have a second chance. Those types of games tend to even out with games where you miss the chances as the season goes on.

Walnut is a waste of space when he gets into the box. No composure to finish it and no vision to set up a team mate for an easy chance.

It is a concern, but is that down to lack of creativity from midfield or forwards not seeing the gaps they should be running into?

...in that situation you have to have really sharp movement and you have to play at tempo. It also helps if you have players who can go past defenders. I know Silva has commented previously about a lack of tempo in our build up play. I love how Gomes fizzes his passes into team mates and often plays the ball a yard ahead, inviting momentum. Newcastle’s defence was very comfortable in that 2nd half.

.... I've just noticed that only the top four in the Premier League have conceded less goals than us this season.

Amazing, my concern when Silva got the job was that defensively he may be a bit negligent, a la Martinez. Hopefully the attackers will click soon in front of goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.