Hitting The Back of The Net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are DCL and Tosun that bad in trainings? Sure they are not Lacazette but still we should switch to classical formation next game, with an original striker up top and Richy being a winger.

Also Lookman should be given a chance to start

True.
Richarleson only plays CF for 2 reasons...make that 3 reasons
1) Bernard is too good to leave out (debatable)
2) DCL
3) Tosun.

Bernard is not playing that good IMO, can be benched

We always find a way to miss when presented with a good chance in a crunch match. Chances the top sides most often put away. That is the difference between us winning and losing in these games and why we've failed to beat United, Chelsea and Liverpool, although we rode our luck a bit against Chelsea.

I also hoped Mina would come in and show Keane and Zouma up when it comes to attacking threat on corners etc but he seems to be as bad in a blue shirt as they are for attempts on target from a corner.

That needs to change too.

Starting to think we’d be better off with Richarlison on the left and Tosun/Calvert-Lewin up front. Bernard isn’t offering enough goal threat unfortunately. We can’t go into keep going into games with only 2 players likely to score.

That being said, having a striker probably doesn't help us today in terms of the chances we missed, because they didn't fall to Richarlison.

The one that did come his way he lost his footing, but I think if either the Mina or Gomes chance come to him, he's scoring.

Our players always lose their footing ffs. I said the same as you about richarlison not missing any of the chances. But then on the other hand, he was a lot more anonymous imo than he would have been on the wing, I wouldn't have minded seeing tosun come on for Walcott instead and just see what richarlison could do on the wing. It's starting to look to me like richarlison up front is okay against the poorer teams, but against the top six it's not working, which is shown by the one pen we've scored.

It's all positive though, we just need brands to find that top drawer striker that we still haven't replaced lukaku with.

We miss some great chances and it's not even always the strikers missing.

Starting to do my head in a bit.

Aye, people keep saying we need a striker (which is true) but the fact is that the chances won't necessarily fall to said striker.

Love Gomes, but he needs to score from three yards out.

Loved Mina's performance, but he has to keep that on target.

Walcott's was more good goalkeeping than anything else, I think. It would have been hard for Theo to take it first time although I'm sure if he had a bit more confidence then he would have done.

Richarlison slipped at the vital moment and he was in. Bernard's shot somehow curled away from goal etc.

A new striker of class would solve a massive part of this problem.

It would mean moving Richarlison back out wide left which would mean providing tbe new striker is actually good, 3 out of the 4 attacking positions (CF, CAM and LW) would all be contributing goals.

We could then look to upgrade on Walcott in the summer.

No goal poaches in the game anymore , Harry Kane maybe , their is more asked of the frontman these days , someone who can smell a chance Ole Gunnar , Chicharito was and is one but they are bit players , oh for a Kevin Phillips or Jermaine Defoe .

It's all about having a bit of composure & class in front of goal and it needs to come from one than just one source, which is why a 'proven goalscorer' still wouldn't be enough. We need a couple of them at least, and in positions other than just CF.

Status
Not open for further replies.