Henry Onyekuru

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dont get me wrong if he gets to play here I wish him all the best and hope he succeeds as he is highly rated.

I just feel with the size of our squad and FFP's burden on us we could do with taking advantage of player trading players on the periphery of the squad who could fetch a decent fee (Lookman, Holgate, Vlasic) etc.
Why not try and sell the ones we know and have proven themselves to be crap rather than the ones we only think are crap because they have never played in the PL

Nigeria are ranked 46th in the world.

He needs to have played in 75% of their Competitive matches in the last 2 years, which will be June to June? Maybe.

• FIFA Ranking 1-10: 30% and above
  • FIFA Ranking 11-20: 45% and above
  • FIFA Ranking 21-30: 60% and above
  • FIFA Ranking 31-50: 75% and above

Which he hasnt done, IMO he will not be granted a work permit this Summer.

Nigeria dont even start their Qualifiers till after October.

They could still apply for exception. It's not like Richarlison was a full international when he got approval to move to Watford.

But he was Brazilian, they have a higher FIFA ranking.

Other than that im not sure.
Not sure the ranking matters if you aren't playing for your full international side. I know they were a bit surprised that they got it through. Think the fee was higher than Onyenkuru's, maybe that mattered.

Nigeria are ranked 46th in the world.

He needs to have played in 75% of their Competitive matches in the last 2 years, which will be June to June? Maybe.

• FIFA Ranking 1-10: 30% and above
  • FIFA Ranking 11-20: 45% and above
  • FIFA Ranking 21-30: 60% and above
  • FIFA Ranking 31-50: 75% and above

Which he hasnt done, IMO he will not be granted a work permit this Summer.

Nigeria dont even start their Qualifiers till after October.

I think we’ll get one.

Absolute folly comparing him with Tosun/Konè because of their scoring records.

The lads a completely different player.
I’d argue his pace and style of play will suit us (and this league) better than either of those 2.

I get the Turkish league is crap, but it’s a bit unfair to write him off as some have done on here.

No idea if he’ll be any good though, like lol

Absolute folly comparing him with Tosun/Konè because of their scoring records.

The lads a completely different player.
I’d argue his pace and style of play will suit us (and this league) better than either of those 2.

I get the Turkish league is crap, but it’s a bit unfair to write him off as some have done on here.

No idea if he’ll be any good though, like lol
I’d like to see him play for us before the inevitable slatings begin.

Not sure the ranking matters if you aren't playing for your full international side. I know they were a bit surprised that they got it through. Think the fee was higher than Onyenkuru's, maybe that mattered.
I don't think they're formally taken into account, but I would imagine it's a lot easier to argue that you can still be a special talent without having Brazil caps at 20 than it is to say you're a special talent but not being picked by American Samoa.

Am I the only one who really doesn’t care if we sell him or not? It’s not like he’s really out player anyway.

Why not try and sell the ones we know and have proven themselves to be crap rather than the ones we only think are crap because they have never played in the PL
Or we could let the manager and DoF make decisions about how good they think people are and how well suited to us they are, rather than just thinking every player under the sun should get 10 games for us so we as fans can do some sort of Roman Amphitheatre style thumbs/up down decision making on whether we like them or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.