Henry Onyekuru

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im responding to you stating he can be turned into a centre forward -- despite all the evidence against.

Im not bashing his performances in his correct position.

What evidence? You took his stats as a winger and use that as a proof that he can’t acore goals?
And how would you know? Stats can never be the barometer at such a young age when inconsistency is consistent.
I see a player capable of dribbling, decent finishing and pace. Perfect for our system, something that is not found in both Tosun and dcl. Instant upgrade without spending a cent.

What evidence? You took his stats as a winger and use that as a proof that he can’t acore goals?
And how would you know? Stats can never be the barometer at such a young age when inconsistency is consistent.
I see a player capable of dribbling, decent finishing and pace. Perfect for our system, something that is not found in both Tosun and dcl. Instant upgrade without spending a cent.
They paid £7m for him mate.

Im really not sure if you understand my posts.

He has been playing LM LW LF CF ACM RW RF this season and also similar last season.

Statistically he has the following ratings this season;

Midfield/wing Left -- Played 12 scored 9. Rating 7.9
Left forward - Played 3. Rating 6.3

Centre -- Played 6 scored 2. Rating 6.4.

Right -- Played 7. Rating 6.5

So it appears rather clear that hes a left midfield/winger as his stats are massively higher when playing in that position.

If you think you can just put a winger up front and he will score loads of goals then fair enough...but thats not statistically true.

Makes perfect sense to sell if those stories are true.

Big money for a player we've effectively never had who plays in a position we have several players for already.

Even if he's good, he's only done it in Belgium and Turkey so it's a risk.

We're going to be trying to shift a lot of players and many at a loss this summer so getting anywhere near that quoted price for Onyekuru would be good business to compensate for that. Not to mention player trading is crucial to our spending power.
20m for Lookman and 35 for Henry who have about 3 mins first team combined is a good day for us

There been any confirmation that he'll get a work permit?

Until he gets one he's the signing that never was, as far as I'm concerned.

I reckon Vlasic will force a move,he's not had a good time here, his interviews don't seem overly complimentary of the club.

Can you blame him though? Just like Lookman (still) he needs to be shown some love.

I think Vlasic could be back-up to both Gylfi and Gomes (hopefully he signs). If we have Holgate back as back-up to Seamus and 4th choice CB, this we can focus on shifting out the deadwood and get in a quality centre-forward and another CB and CM (if Gana leaves).

3 quality players, another keeper and Vlasic and Onyekuru back. 4 signings is do-able.

Sell Schneiderlin, Bolasie, Mirallas, Sandro, Niasse, Besic & Martina. £50m+ maybe from shifting that.

Can you blame him though? Just like Lookman (still) he needs to be shown some love.

I think Vlasic could be back-up to both Gylfi and Gomes (hopefully he signs). If we have Holgate back as back-up to Seamus and 4th choice CB, this we can focus on shifting out the deadwood and get in a quality centre-forward and another CB and CM (if Gana leaves).

3 quality players, another keeper and Vlasic and Onyekuru back. 4 signings is do-able.

Sell Schneiderlin, Bolasie, Mirallas, Sandro, Niasse, Besic & Martina. £50m+ maybe from shifting that.
50m! lol

Martina is a freebie.
Besic is a nominal fee.
Niasse has had no buyers for 3 years so we cannot expect anybody to throw money at him. 3-5m maximum if we can find a buyer.
Sandro is a freebie, maximum of 5m given his wage situation as nobody will pay big money and offer him similar wages.
Mirallas is way past his prime and nobody has gone near him even though he's been available for years. Freebie.
Bolasie due to his wages needs to go cheap, I'll be generous and say 5m at the most.
Schneiderlin may attract a decent offer. 10-15m at the very tops.

I'd be surprised if we could get 20m for all of the above. I am sure the club would be delighted with that fee and the riddance of the wages.

Im really not sure if you understand my posts.

He has been playing LM LW LF CF ACM RW RF this season and also similar last season.

Statistically he has the following ratings this season;

So it appears rather clear that hes a left midfield/winger as his stats are massively higher when playing in that position.

If you think you can just put a winger up front and he will score loads of goals then fair enough...but thats not statistically true.

Thierry Henry.

For next year, to the tune of Donald where's yer troosers :

Just got in from the Turkish Isle
I know you've had to wait a while
I'm not very big but I play with style
Henry Onyekuru
Let the winds blow high,
Let the winds blow low,
Up the wing like a jet I'll go
Only when Bernard's injured though
Henry Onyekuru

Overly simplistic way of looking at it. The team / system could function better with him wide. It might also be a system that suits a target man etc. Could be playing behind a creative left back with good combination play.

Status
Not open for further replies.