Henry Onyekuru

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its called player trading - you know that thing big clubs like Spurs, Liverpool and Chelsea do.

Sign player for £10 million

Does a decent job on loan but nothing special to suggest he'll take the prem by storm.

Sell for £20-25 million

Makes £10-15 million profit - do that for 3 players for example - Onyekuru, Vlasic and Lookman thats £30-45 million profit which gets you 1 top quality first team player or 2x good players.

A big problem of ours is we sign players who do a decent job in poor leagues who dont make the grade in England and we are stuck with a bloated squad. What exactly has Vlasic done at us during his time here? What has Lookman done?

Fans (mainly the fifa boyz) get too big a hard on for young players with decent potential who realistically will never be first team players here.

Hopefully Brands starts making a profit with these sort of transfers and we can become more self sufficient.
1. Chelsea are swimming in good players, They've also sold Lukaku and Salah for absolute peanuts then they've gone to prove themselves and become triple/quadruple for what Chelsea sold them for.
2. Everton need all the good young players we can get right now since it fits the Brands model.
3. We're hardly desperate for cash that we're willing to sell a potential prospect because he's not banging 50 goals in the Turkish league.
At least let him play for Everton in the Premier League before we start with these silly shouts.

1. Chelsea are swimming in good players, They've also sold Lukaku and Salah for absolute peanuts then they've gone to prove themselves and become triple/quadruple for what Chelsea sold them for.
2. Everton need all the good young players we can get right now since it fits the Brands model.
3. We're hardly desperate for cash that we're willing to sell a potential prospect because he's not banging 50 goals in the Turkish league.
At least let him play for Everton in the Premier League before we start with these silly shouts.

The only one making a silly shout is you squire.

A bloke with a slightly above average goal scoring record in a pub league (hello Cenk) linked with a €40 million move abroad and you baulk at the thought of selling because he hasnt played for us. If he comes here and flops or is average we lose any chance of making a profit on him- thats bad business sense if he isnt smashing it in a poor league.

Same with Lookman - what has Lookman done this season? Should have sold for £20-25 million in the summer and brought in a quality RW like Lozano or Malcom with the proceeds.

Thats the way forward for clubs.

The only one making a silly shout is you squire.

A bloke with a slightly above average goal scoring record in a pub league (hello Cenk) linked with a €40 million move abroad and you baulk at the thought of selling because he hasnt played for us. If he comes here and flops or is average we lose any chance of making a profit on him- thats bad business sense if he isnt smashing it in a poor league.

Same with Lookman - what has Lookman done this season? Should have sold for £20-25 million in the summer and brought in a quality RW like Lozano or Malcom with the proceeds.

Thats the way forward for clubs.
Your reasoning for wanting to sell him is because he's not bossing the Turkish league at 21 years old lollollol

Mate people from Everton will have been watching him and brands and Silva will already have a good idea if he is good enough or not.
Yeah, I just don't understand this idea that because they haven't played for us we can't tell if they are good enough. It's just beyond stupid. Why do we pay scouts again?

Your reasoning for wanting to sell him is because he's not bossing the Turkish league at 21 years old lollollol

At 21? Richarlison is banging them in the prem out of position at 21.

21 (22 in June) is young but he's hardly a kid.

As I've said our fans overhype our young players and they have done for many years.

Most on here baulked at selling Lookman yet what has he done this season to justify not taking say £20-25 million and reinvesting that in a starting 11 RW upgrade on Walcott?

People say Vlasic should replace Siggurdsson because he's done well in a league where Niasse looked half decent.

Some fans think DCL is the next Kane, Davies the next Scholes etc. And can not seem to accept they may just be average players who can do a job.

Its all paper talk but if a club offered anywhere near £30-35 million for Onyekuru we would be fools not to take it.

Do people realize there aren't a lot of young players in Turkey? It's a tough league to play in. The environments are crazy and there is a TON of pressure to play for a club like Galatasaray. He's like 4th in the league in scoring and he's playing all over the pitch. I'd sell him if we got upwards of 20M for various reasons, but he's doing great. He's also not Cenk Tosun who was always going to be athletically challenged in the PL and was brought in to play a particular crap style of play.

As I've said our fans overhype our young players and they have done for many years.

Most on here baulked at selling Lookman yet what has he done this season to justify not taking say £20-25 million and reinvesting that in a starting 11 RW upgrade on Walcott?

People say Vlasic should replace Siggurdsson because he's done well in a league where Niasse looked half decent.

Some fans think DCL is the next Kane, Davies the next Scholes etc. And can not seem to accept they may just be average players who can do a job.

Its all paper talk but if a club offered anywhere near £30-35 million for Onyekuru we would be fools not to take it. Brands I imagine would as he actually has sense and not stuck in FM land.

If somebody offered 25m for Lookman we would sell.

The jarg soft drink clowns never went above 12m.

Fans think DCL is the next Kane, Davies the next Scholes.

Its all paper talk but if a club offered anywhere near £30-35 million for Onyekuru we would be fools not to take it. Brands I imagine would as he actually has sense and not stuck in FM land.
Richarlison got 5 goals with Watford.
Henery has 9 goals in 19 apps for Anderlecht.
Galatasaray he has 11 goals in 23 apps, It's not shabby.
I rate Lookman but it's hard to judge when he can't even 3 games together for some reason no one knows but Silva.
I'm not even saying he'll be a success for us but I don't see why it's not worth for Everton to try and test him in the PL with our blue shirt on.

Its all paper talk but if a club offered anywhere near £30-35 million for Onyekuru we would be fools not to take it.

Richarlison is a 60-70M player, man.

Tell me, how many 21 year olds are in the top 4 in scoring of their league in Europe? Jovic? MBappe? That's about it.

Do people realize there aren't a lot of young players in Turkey? It's a tough league to play in. The environments are crazy and there is a TON of pressure to play for a club like Galatasaray. He's like 4th in the league in scoring and he's playing all over the pitch. I'd sell him if we got upwards of 20M for various reasons, but he's doing great. He's also not Cenk Tosun who was always going to be athletically challenged in the PL and was brought in to play a particular crap style of play.
I don't know how tough the league is I don't watch it but assuming he's not going to make the the cut in the PL because he isn't bossing it in a "pub league" is just the biggest load of nonsense.
Like we don't want a possible Jadon Sancho situation where he doesn't play for the first team and sell him and he actually turns out to be a decent player without even trying him for ourselves first.

Sign a boss young attacker.

Wait for work permit and loan him out

He keeps scoring goals and impressing

Top club's like psg, Bayern etc linked with him

Everton fans- sell!

Also Everton fans - sign a striker FFS

Richarlison got 5 goals with Watford.
Henery has 9 goals in 19 apps for Anderlecht.
Galatasaray he has 11 goals in 23 apps, It's not shabby.
I rate Lookman but it's hard to judge when he can't even 3 games together for some reason no one knows but Silva.
I'm not even saying he'll be a success for us but I don't see why it's not worth for Everton to try and test him in the PL with our blue shirt on.

Dont get me wrong if he gets to play here I wish him all the best and hope he succeeds as he is highly rated.

I just feel with the size of our squad and FFP's burden on us we could do with taking advantage of player trading players on the periphery of the squad who could fetch a decent fee (Lookman, Holgate, Vlasic) etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.