Heitinger @ right back

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he's got a fight on his hands to get the RB position at the moment. Hibbert has definitely stepped up a gear, so the added competition is good for the team.
As for Nev, I don't think he'll be back in the squad for some time if things continue to develop in the defensive positions.

He certainly looks a good centre half. Comfortable on the ball, and even after doubts about his ability to handle the physical game, he certainly handled it on Sunday. He's going to be a cult hero at Everton, I can feel it. I think he looks abit shaky at RB, but i think he'll be decent if needed there. His versatility certainly provides us with some good options.

He certainly looks a good centre half. Comfortable on the ball, and even after doubts about his ability to handle the physical game, he certainly handled it on Sunday. He's going to be a cult hero at Everton, I can feel it. I think he looks abit shaky at RB, but i think he'll be decent if needed there. His versatility certainly provides us with some good options.

Welcome mate.

He looks great on the ball for a defender, it'd be great if he could become a ball-playing full back but as everyone else is saying he seems to be most comfortable at center half.

We have a very strong roster of defenders at the club, and Neill still hasn't had chance to establish himself.

I think he's got a fight on his hands to get the RB position at the moment. Hibbert has definitely stepped up a gear, so the added competition is good for the team.
As for Nev, I don't think he'll be back in the squad for some time if things continue to develop in the defensive positions.

That's the stuff. Heitinga comes in, Neill comes in, Hibbert starts playing like he should. All three want on the pitch - Hibbert scrambling to keep his job, Heitinga and Neill not only trying to play for Everton but also secure their spots for the World Cup.

Good scenario for Moyes - three motivated defenders all fighting for a spot.

Heitinga will do fine with the physical Premier League - he may not be the biggest, but you can easily tell he's scrappy and not afraid to stick his nose in anywhere. Not the size of the dog that's always important - the size of the fight in the dog is what matters.

Hey found this linked about Heitinga

http://netherlands.worldcupblog.org/1/john-heitinga-prefers-the-center-back-spot.html[/URL]

Says he joined Everton because there is bigger chance he get to play the CB spot. Also says he's willing to play as a GK for the Oranje if that's what they want from him, which tells alot about his character and the type of player he is. Anyway it's a very goo read.

Love his attitude and his no-nonsense approach on the pitch, but I feel bad for the guy in a way cuz, once everyone gets healthy he'll more than likely play at RB and DM for the entire season. He's a good CB but we already got Yobo, Jags and Distin, so Moyes already has a problem there figuring out how to keep those 3 happy, although if he (Heitinga) is needed Moyes won't hesitate to play him at CB.

So good to have options :D

Hey found this linked about Heitinga

http://netherlands.worldcupblog.org/1/john-heitinga-prefers-the-center-back-spot.html[/URL]

Says he joined Everton because there is bigger chance he get to play the CB spot. Also says he's willing to play as a GK for the Oranje if that's what they want from him, which tells alot about his character and the type of player he is. Anyway it's a very goo read.

Love his attitude and his no-nonsense approach on the pitch, but I feel bad for the guy in a way cuz, once everyone gets healthy he'll more than likely play at RB and DM for the entire season. He's a good CB but we already got Yobo, Jags and Distin, so Moyes already has a problem there figuring out how to keep those 3 happy, although if he (Heitinga) is needed Moyes won't hesitate to play him at CB.

So good to have options :D

Lets wait and see, theres a lot of options and a lot of matches - let the compitition begin.

Were they playing 3 men at the back?

Heitinga seemed to be up against Cahill in the first half and Kewell in the second.

Heitinga surely has more composure, technical ability, football intelligence, better passing and vision than yobo. Its a choice between him and Distin to partner jag.
Right back, I'm not sure. Hibbert still starts ahead of him(can't believe I'm saying this).

Heitinga surely has more composure, technical ability, football intelligence, better passing and vision than yobo. Its a choice between him and Distin to partner jag.
Right back, I'm not sure. Hibbert still starts ahead of him(can't believe I'm saying this).

Yobo is the better defensively wise though. Wait till Heitinga comes up againts a pacey and mobile striker. Always has been his problem. If he can sort that out, he'll be a fantastic CB. Footballing wise, he's better than Yobo, I agree with that.

One thing about slow defender is that if they read the game well and anticipate, pace is no longer much of an issue unless our defensive line is very high(which is not the way we play).
Jag was never pacy but he rarely get caught out. Same goes to Richard Gough not long ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.