Heitinger @ right back

Status
Not open for further replies.
time as ever will tell but its his 1st start in a league he hasnt played in before so lets giv him a chance rather than going toffeeweb style and questioning his price tag / goal attempts :eek:

As has been said you can tell he's a decent footballer. Neat and tidy in possession and always looking for that ball into the feet of our front men.

I doubt he's going to be someone who bombs on and gets beyond the winger. But in tight positions he'd probably be able to keep it and retain the ball. That's what I thought from watching him anyway, I'd like to see more of him before I can properly judge.

If Pip comes back, I'm confident he'll get back in the team. Probably at right back, seeing the progression young Rodwell has made. Can't help to think he'll be second best in every position he can play in. Don't rate him as a RB.

GET OFF HIS BACK FFS DUTCH BOY.

I dunno what your beef with this lid is, but you need to let it go.

I thought he was super today, always wanted the ball, never just gave it away and wasnt afraid to open his mouth, his 2 footed lunge was unreal as well.

Hes our new Tommy Grav, gonna be a crowd favourite.

GET OFF HIS BACK FFS DUTCH BOY.

I dunno what your beef with this lid is, but you need to let it go.

I thought he was super today, always wanted the ball, never just gave it away and wasnt afraid to open his mouth, his 2 footed lunge was unreal as well.

Hes our new Tommy Grav, gonna be a crowd favourite.
Don't believe I was ever on his back, MG.:blink:

I've got nothing against him, I just don't rate him that much, as most of you seem to do. Hope he'll prove me wrong though and he'll become a legend for us. I do rate Jags, Distin and Yobo (defensively wise) more than him though and Rodwell is the future of Everton FC. He'll be a useful player for us, I'm confident of that. It's just that I can't see him getting a starting place if everyone's fit.

Don't go towards a Tommy Grav discussion, as I never really rated him (apart from a six month spell) either.

Yeah even just based on today he's obviously comfortable on the ball and always keen to receive it. I am worried by how easily he let that black lad who came on for Pedersen turn and shoot in the box though, like someone else mentioned.

Made up to have signed him actually, you don't get 50 caps for Holland by 25 unless you're a player, but I'm not sure he'll end up being our full-time right back. Could end up doing a classier version of what Neville does for us in midfield.

I like him. I like him alot. Hibbert is a goooner. Rodwell plays a simple spreading game, and there is Tinga well positioned to take the pressure off. Looks to pass, and is a much better practitioner of the pass than senor Hibbo. First game in the Prem? Is a bargain no doubt and will slot into DM as our midfield bulldog when Neill is fit.

GO GO TINGA YOU GOOD THINGA

Thats what I d be singing if I was there

By the way, while I was watching the match tonight, they showed a few other scores and they showed the Chelsea/Spurs result. It made me think of Kyle Naughton.

Then it made me think that would we have rather had Naughton for 5M or Heitinga for 5M. After thinking about it for a bit, I think we got a better deal by getting Heitinga.

He can play a few positions and is an experienced international for a very good side. Sure Naughton may have more upside and is younger, but we need players to contribute now.

For me, I think getting Heitinga vs. Naughton ended up being a better deal for Everton.

Status
Not open for further replies.