Heitinger @ right back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heitinga look decent, especially in ball distribution. Would like to see him offer offensive support more often. Hibbert goes forward a lot more but his main problem is that he lose the ball a lot too.

Guys,

I've read through most of the comments on this thread and no one seems to have mentioned his 'delap-like' ability at throw ins. They were bloody huge at times!

I'm not for one minute suggesting we adapt Stoke's style of play, or we make the pitch more narrow to take advantage of this, but it's got to add another dimension to our play when you've got Fellaini and Cahill in the area waiting to attack!

I don't care how the goals go in, just as long as they do!!:D

I think people are too quick to give in for Hibbert. Just look at what he done last season, think of the great games he played. He needs time to mature. He is practicing his crosses in to the box and is getting better, soon he will be great. The dutchman is not as good, he looks angry, you can not control the ball with anger and agression, you must control with finess and patience and hardwork, qualities Hibbert contains.
I am passionate about this, please don't give in on Hibbert.

You're just spewing filth now.

Hibbert's now 28 years old and he's got at least 186 appearances for Everton under his belt. No more maturing in him - if anything, he should be in his full prime which now seems to be warming a seat on the bench.

Guys,

I've read through most of the comments on this thread and no one seems to have mentioned his 'delap-like' ability at throw ins. They were bloody huge at times!

I'm not for one minute suggesting we adapt Stoke's style of play, or we make the pitch more narrow to take advantage of this, but it's got to add another dimension to our play when you've got Fellaini and Cahill in the area waiting to attack!

I don't care how the goals go in, just as long as they do!!:D

He does have a long throw - a useful tool. And he's not afraid to crack at the goal from 20 yards - something I will always appreciate in a player.

By the way, while I was watching the match tonight, they showed a few other scores and they showed the Chelsea/Spurs result. It made me think of Kyle Naughton.

Then it made me think that would we have rather had Naughton for 5M or Heitinga for 5M. After thinking about it for a bit, I think we got a better deal by getting Heitinga.

He can play a few positions and is an experienced international for a very good side. Sure Naughton may have more upside and is younger, but we need players to contribute now.

For me, I think getting Heitinga vs. Naughton ended up being a better deal for Everton.[/QUOTE]

Couldn't agree more - Spurs' Naughton swoop actually has turned out for the better - something I don't think any of us would have anticipated at the time.

+rep.

Am I the only one who thought he had a very good game at CB?

Was really impressed with him yesterday, his defending was steady (one or two errors in judgement) but his confidence on the ball and willingness in pcoession was superb he can give a ball no mistake and got his second asisst yesterday. I liked the way he pushed up when we were advanced and sat in Rodders usual role allowed him to get a little further forward. He still needs more time to adapt but i was very encouraged by yesterdays performence far more then any other outing. On the evidance so far i think CB may be his best position. Mega throws too!

Yes, he looks far more comfortable at centre back. I was a little worried about his lack of height but like Jagielka he has a great leap and seems to attack the ball well.

Still early days, he'll come across tougher tests but definitely a promising performance. And obviously, he was bringing the ball out and taking responsibility, something we haven't had back there for a long, long time. A proper 'ball playing' centre back.

And he also had that monster next to him, the French lad.

Yes, he looks far more comfortable at centre back. I was a little worried about his lack of height but like Jagielka he has a great leap and seems to attack the ball well.

Still early days, he'll come across tougher tests but definitely a promising performance. And obviously, he was bringing the ball out and taking responsibility, something we haven't had back there for a long, long time. A proper 'ball playing' centre back.

And he also had that monster next to him, the French lad.

Distin was fantastic yesterday - CB master class - looked a bit uneasy on one or two balls over the top but recovered well.

Distin was fantastic yesterday - CB master class - looked a bit uneasy on one or two balls over the top but recovered well.

He's a class act, better than I thought he'd be and I was all for signing him.

Quick, strong, good in the air, intelligent defensively and uses the ball well. Great signing really, he's also a leader which is important.

He's a class act, better than I thought he'd be and I was all for signing him.

Quick, strong, good in the air, intelligent defensively and uses the ball well. Great signing really, he's also a leader which is important.

All very true hes like the defensive Yak - cool as you like. I think its his ability matched to his expeirence - hes at his peak, hoepfully he will continue there for a few seasons.

Hes also great to have in beside Baines he cut across suberbly on a few occasions yesterday when Baines was caught forward.

Joleen who?

As I said before, CB is by far his best position and have to admit, I was impressed by his performance yesterday. Still early days though and it will be interesting to see how he copes with players like Torres and Drogba. Never denied he got talent, but it's just that he has to work on the defensive part of his game. If Moyes can teach him that, he'll become a terrific player for Everton.

Agree on Distin, the man is an absolute beast. Looks like he's playing in our backline for years. What was the name again of that fella he took over from?:)

Status
Not open for further replies.