HAPPY FAT SAM DAY

Status
Not open for further replies.
The more I hear about Fat Sam, the more glad I am that I basically ignored that season after the Europa disgrace

That was truly a time when I did not like Everton... the football was dire, the results were not good and the press conferences were just embarrassing. Never his fault, huge ego and only one style of play - bad! he was Everton's Trump. Thank god he is gone!

He did what we paid him to do, get us out of the [Poor language removed]. We were in serious danger of relegation before he came in. I don't like his football but he did serve his purpose.
I remember Rooney getting a late penalty to get us a point at Anfield. Dogged backs to the wall stuff that you wouldn't want us to repeat every week but it felt good to get something from there at the time.

I remember just having what can only be described as a meltdown as it happened. Nothing has made me as angry since. In a strange way, having him for 6 months has essentially made me quite sanguine and balanced to everything else that has followed.

Sad thing is, apart from a couple of performances this season, we haven't really progressed much since he left. Or at least, not as much progress as we should have made. At least sam's team had an identity, a brutally ugly identity at that, but at least the players looked like they understood the plan they were supposed to implement on the pitch.

This present lot under carlo don't look like they have a clue at times. There doesnt seem to be a clear philosophy on the pitch, it just looks off the cuff a lot of the time and that's worrying for a supposed top coach.

Possibly the lowest point in my everton supporting history. Did we not go about 3 games without a shot on target? Couldn’t mock any other teams time either with that bloater in charge.
No ‘possibly’ about it. That was the darkest ever period in my Evertonian existence. It’s still sickens, embarrasses and bewilders me now how he got the gig here.

Sad thing is, apart from a couple of performances this season, we haven't really progressed much since he left. Or at least, not as much progress as we should have made. At least sam's team had an identity, a brutally ugly identity at that, but at least the players looked like they understood the plan they were supposed to implement on the pitch.

This present lot under carlo don't look like they have a clue at times. There doesnt seem to be a clear philosophy on the pitch, it just looks off the cuff a lot of the time and that's worrying for a supposed top coach.
I think it’s more likely that the current squad don’t have the technical proficiency or the confidence to adapt quickly to a new approach.

Status
Not open for further replies.