HAPPY FAT SAM DAY

Status
Not open for further replies.

He did what we paid him to do, get us out of the [Poor language removed]. We were in serious danger of relegation before he came in. I don't like his football but he did serve his purpose.
I remember Rooney getting a late penalty to get us a point at Anfield. Dogged backs to the wall stuff that you wouldn't want us to repeat every week but it felt good to get something from there at the time.
DCL won that pen I think.

Well I thought it was fantastic. Harmonised the forum against him, indirectly brought us a legion of new boss Turkish fans by signing Tosun, came up with tactical innovations like the 5-4-Bolassie away at mighty West Brom (seriously, punt it to a one legged Half fit maverick and see what dead end he hits), launched a thousand gravy, pie and chip puns, and generally laughed his way to the bank.

As others have said, halcyon times. Ffs.

Well I thought it was fantastic. Harmonised the forum against him, indirectly brought us a legion of new boss Turkish fans by signing Tosun, came up with tactical innovations like the 5-4-Bolassie away at mighty West Brom (seriously, punt it to a one legged Half fit maverick and see what dead end he hits), launched a thousand gravy, pie and chip puns, and generally laughed his way to the bank.

As others have said, halcyon times. Ffs.
In retrospect, that anti-Sam thread was brilliant.

He truly united us all against him. Was there anyone who was pro-lard face?

8th place flattered him far too much, did absolutely no more than the bare minimum. Had a chance for Europe and bottled it, some utterly disgraceful displays in his time, knocked out the cup on first attempt, literally only finished 8th because everyone else around us was also crap.

Will never accept this fair play to him bollocks, spoke when he was hired about wanting to prove himself after finally been given a go at a bigger club and reverted to type almost immediately.

An odious man and a cowardly manager, no one deserves credit for not taking Everton down, we tried our absolute best in the 90s with infinitely worse teams and still couldn't quite get over the line.

A permanent stain on the club that he was ever our manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.