2017/18 Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Half those stats are completely irrelevant for an attacking midfielder, but how was he before Everton in those categories? Fine, even for just this year, how is he compared to the rest of the team?

My guess is that he’s not only our best player, but our most productive player. So if he’s been outstanding statistically in the same league for years, yet he isn’t as good for Everton - yet he’s still better than everyone on Everton...what does that tell you?

He wasn't outstanding before. That is my whole point.

In the previous 3 seasons he was outperformed by Junior Stanislas in almost every category.

What set Gylfi apart is durability and fitness. He played almost every minute in the league, took almost every set piece and therefore accumulated very high volumes of shots, passes, assists etc. However adjusted to reflect his contribution per 90 minutes he was run of the mill.

As I mentioned before last season he took 120 shots (Lukaku took under 100 for 24 goals) but scored 6 times from these (open play).

He wasn't outstanding before. That is my whole point.

In the previous 3 seasons he was outperformed by Junior Stanislas in almost every category.

What set Gylfi apart is durability and fitness. He played almost every minute in the league, took almost every set piece and therefore accumulated very high volumes of shots, passes, assists etc. However adjusted to reflect his contribution per 90 minutes he was run of the mill.

As I mentioned before last season he took 120 shots (Lukaku took under 100 for 24 goals) but scored 6 times from these (open play).

REally??

http://www.squawka.com/comparison-m...es_created/pass_completion/avg_pass_length#90

De Bruyne would look lost if he had to play in our midfield. Salah would struggle to get double figures up front for us. The issue is more than one player, we don’t seem to play with any plan. We need a strong manager who can get the best out of our players.

You mean like Romelu Lukaku who played in this team and managed to score a shed load of goals.

Really.

Your additional stat shows an additional .01 of a chance created per 90 minutes - so a third of a chance a season more despite taking all the set pieces - and a slightly longer average pass length which shows nothing.

You said he outperformed Gylfi in every stat, even when Siggy was at Swansea. Clearly not true. Especially when you stop comparing Gylfi's stats with Stanislas's best season.

Status
Not open for further replies.