2019/20 Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.

4:46 fine finishing...

That's not great but also not the worst miss ever. And again I'm simply saying his finishing is made to seem worse because of his inadequacy elsewhere. If he was suddenly getting 4 shots off a game no one would be worried about his finishing.

That's not great but also not the worst miss ever. And again I'm simply saying his finishing is made to seem worse because of his inadequacy elsewhere. If he was suddenly getting 4 shots off a game no one would be worried about his finishing.

For me it's just the type of chance/moment a good finisher steps up and takes. I just can't ever see him being that player.

I'm not pretending DCL is Aguero or something but he's a fine finisher on the occasion he actually finds himself in a decent shooting position. The rarity of those moments is the far bigger issue.

Walcott whatever. I think he finishes fine but has other problems that make him a clear 4th choice. Not worth going crazy about.

Mate ... a fine finisher? He’s shocking , I would genuinely prefer to see Coleman 1 on 1 with the keeper than DCL

Mate ... a fine finisher? He’s shocking , I would genuinely prefer to see Coleman 1 on 1 with the keeper than DCL
Yes he's fine. Average. He scored on the same percentage of shots as Jimenez did for Wolves who is also a fine finisher. His main issues are elsewhere. Sigurdsson losing assists because of missed chances by DCL isn't the chief issue for me. It's a combo of Gylfi not being creative enough and DCL not being able to find the right positions and link with teammates outside of holding up longballs.

Yes he's fine. Average. He scored on the same percentage of shots as Jimenez did for Wolves who is also a fine finisher. His main issues are elsewhere. Sigurdsson losing assists because of missed chances by DCL isn't the chief issue for me. It's a combo of Gylfi not being creative enough and DCL not being able to find the right positions and link with teammates outside of holding up longballs.

Mate half of his , “fine finishes “are deflections and he misses the target when it seems easier to score he’s a terrible finisher

We would if none of them were on target. Am I missing something?!

I would expect strikers to get the majority of chances on target and score at least 2 out of 5
Walcott and DCL are way below those figures.

i cant believe I used stats
Its contagious lads be careful

Even the very best strikers in the league only convert about 20% of their chances, so you can expect all you like but at least try and go for a little realism.

Even the very best strikers in the league only convert about 20% of their chances, so you can expect all you like but at least try and go for a little realism.

statsss.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.