Not open for further replies.
Salah
Hazard
Mane
Pogba
Sterling
Son
Richalison

The only midfielders to score more them him this year.

We will be turd until we get a striker.

19 of our league goals coming from Gylfi and Richarlison.

He’s only played for turd teams ever, so there’s nothing really to suggest that he’ll make us any better when he has a different striker in front of him.

He’s only played for turd teams ever, so there’s nothing really to suggest that he’ll make us any better when he has a different striker in front of him.

I mean he got 13 assists in the season he had Llorente playing with him so there's that evidence...

Again, I'll do my usual caveat of saying he hasn't been good enough lately for us to warrant playing a system that isn't working just to crowbar him in.

I actually want him to succeed as I can't see anyway of getting rid. He needs taken out the team even if its to prove we are worse without. If we take him out for a few games and there is an upturn in form point proven. If we stay we get worse bring him back. We aren't going down unlikely we'll get 7th so why not put this myth or non myth to bed!

He should be on 8-10 assists this season easily with the chances he's set up.

He should also have contributed a lot more to our all-round play in the last two months.

If it's becoming a problem fitting him in to the detriment of the side then he shouldn't play but without him we are relying on Davies, Gomes and Gana to provide service to the front so I understand why he is played.

I mean he got 13 assists in the season he had Llorente playing with him so there's that evidence...

Again, I'll do my usual caveat of saying he hasn't been good enough lately for us to warrant playing a system that isn't working just to crowbar him in.

That’s not evidence because Swansea were terrible and they finished 17th. When has he ever made a contribution to a good team, you know like good players tend to do? He played briefly in a Spurs team that were about 6th/7th and was deemed not good enough, he went back to Swansea and found his level. I guess if you like our level being Swansea then sure, he’s great.

So in these turd teams did he play against different opposition to the Premier League while scoring loads? I hate this oh he was in a crap team arguments, you still play the same opponents as every other team in the league.

That’s not evidence because Swansea were terrible and they finished 17th. When has he ever made a contribution to a good team, you know like good players tend to do? He played briefly in a Spurs team that were about 6th/7th and was deemed not good enough, he went back to Swansea and found his level. I guess if you like our level being Swansea then sure, he’s great.

But he made a contribution to a poor team who at least had a striker and that was key in keeping them up?

I don't see your point. We know he didn't have the best of times at Spurs. He was good in his 3 subsequent seasons at Swansea and then came to us.

We aren't much better than Swansea, no.

He should be on 8-10 assists this season easily with the chances he's set up.

He should also have contributed a lot more to our all-round play in the last two months.

If it's becoming a problem fitting him in to the detriment of the side then he shouldn't play but without him we are relying on Davies, Gomes and Gana to provide service to the front so I understand why he is played.

I keep seeing this but I’m really struggling with it. Does he actually create that many chances? Apart from Walcott having a couple saved by goalkeepers, I can’t think of a massive clear cut chance he’s created off the top of my head.

He's gash, like all players who come to Everton recently, where players come to pick up wages for the least amount of work possible

'all' ? I doubt that's true. Bernard for one runs his little legs off, making chances to no avail because we have statues instead of strikers. Theres a thought...would we get more movement if we played Dixies statue up front?

But he made a contribution to a poor team who at least had a striker and that was key in keeping them up?

I don't see your point. We know he didn't have the best of times at Spurs. He was good in his 3 subsequent seasons at Swansea and then came to us.

We aren't much better than Swansea, no.

We were much better than Swansea before their creative maestro rocked up here.

I keep seeing this but I’m really struggling with it. Does he actually create that many chances? Apart from Walcott having a couple saved by goalkeepers, I can’t think of a massive clear cut chance he’s created off the top of my head.

Yes, he does.

He's set Walcott up for five one-v-ones, actually six now because of the other day. You'd expect Walcott to finish half of those. You can't just write them off as not counting because it's Walcott? He also played in Bernard v Man Utd and Bernard v Chelsea, both of which were missed.

His set-pieces have been poor, yet he's set up Keane and Zouma for free headers on multiple occasions. Again, not out of the realms of possibility to expect them to convert one of them.

I will caveat that Walcott has been the benefactor because of the runs he makes. He always looks to get inbetween the lines and make that darting run in behind. Not enough of our players do that and that's probably why he gets in the team.

Yes, he does.

He's set Walcott up for five one-v-ones, actually six now because of the other day. You'd expect Walcott to finish half of those. You can't just write them off as not counting because it's Walcott? He also played in Bernard v Man Utd and Bernard v Chelsea, both of which were missed.

His set-pieces have been poor, yet he's set up Keane and Zouma for free headers on multiple occasions. Again, not out of the realms of possibility to expect them to convert one of them.

I will caveat that Walcott has been the benefactor because of the runs he makes. He always looks to get inbetween the lines and make that darting run in behind. Not enough of our players do that and that's probably why he gets in the team.

SIX one on ones? I’m going to have to take your word for that because I don’t remember them. Also can’t remember the “multiple” free headers, remember Keane having one saved at the Emirates from his free kick and Richarlison against Newcastle (I think?).

I’ll be honest, I’m struggling to see what he contributes that is worth slowing down and destroying our entire attack by having him in the side, which is what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.