Greatest Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
In recent years the home win over Man U when Moyes came back after belittling us stands out. Was sat in the Lower Bullens near their mutant fans, made for a good afternoon.

The 1-0 over the RS at the pit in ‘84 is possibly my all time favourite though.

Think we’ve done this before, so same answer from me Everton 5- Chelsea 2 in 1970. It was a brilliant performance against one of the then title challengers. Leeds lost that day too I think , and although we weren’t to win the title until 4 or 5 days later this match was the clincher. And Howard Kendle scored a rare goal.

got to be up there with me also , also the first game I went too so TBH a bit too young to appreciate how well we played

my fave recent game is probs the sunderland away in the quarter final of the fa cup in 2012 replay

the away crowd was incredible, we had a striker who was banging goals in and the result never felt in doubt

In recent years the home win over Man U when Moyes came back after belittling us stands out. Was sat in the Lower Bullens near their mutant fans, made for a good afternoon.

The 1-0 over the RS at the pit in ‘84 is possibly my all time favourite though.

Good shout. I was in a bar watching it before watching the ashes in Adelaide. Overdo, bottom right corner, from memory?

Apart from watching Everton, winning and being served beer at 8am, I remember Suarez despatching Norwich before we had a torrid day in the cricket.

Didn't take edge off the result though :)

..i’m not sure about these things but I always thing the Southampton semi-final was a pivotal victory after being out the limelight for so long. Ironically, it was a game I couldn’t go to because I was playing but I distinctly remember a group of us crammed around a radio listening to the closing stages from Highbury.
I've never known an Everton crowd go as berserk as when Heath scored that goal.

One of the more memorable for me was 4-1 against Spurs at Elland Road in the '95 Semi Final.

Those frantic last ten minutes with the inadvertent Amokachi substitution then seeing him get on and scoring twice, the crowd going wild.

Good call! It's really difficult not to agree with that one.

How about Stoke 0 Everton 2 in January 1984 in the FA Cup 3rd round?
I was there on that day and something changed at Stoke on that cold afternoon. For me, this win signalled the start of great things to come; and they did!
Was there myself, brilliant from our fans that day. Bit of a story about that game. Me and a mate followed Everton everywhere for abt 6/7 seasons. Nov 83 was so peed off with them I just stopped going. Started playing football for a local team, got injured over xmas, couldnt play so went to the Stoke game, been going agn ever since. So glad I did as well.

Everyone has their own opinion on Everton’s greatest games. My personal favourites include a 6-2 thrashing of West Bromwich Albion at the Hawthorns in 1967/68 season, the 5-0 slaughter of Manchester United in 1984/85 and the 4-0 destruction of multi-millionaire Manchester City in 2016/17. Anyone like to add their personal choices?
Was that Hawthorns match a midweek night match ? My dad use to talk about a great night match down there years ago

For me Bayern obviously but a few other that stand out were the Sunderland 4 0 game back then, and the 5 0 one under Walter Smith on boxing day, also the Rooney Leeds game.
Another good one was at Villa park when Osman scored twice and Cahill and we won 3 1

Was there myself, brilliant from our fans that day. Bit of a story about that game. Me and a mate followed Everton everywhere for abt 6/7 seasons. Nov 83 was so peed off with them I just stopped going. Started playing football for a local team, got injured over xmas, couldnt play so went to the Stoke game, been going agn ever since. So glad I did as well.
From what I remember, November 83 was about as dire as it could be and Kendall almost got sacked. And yes, I was one of the "Kendall Out!" brigade at the time. Thank goodness they didn't listen to us!!

Status
Not open for further replies.