Graeme Sharp

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't blame Sharpy for any of the problems. The guy is a legend in his own right and is simply another cog of Good Times Bill surrounding himself with ex players and people who will obey him and keep him there. It is that tosser and his cronies that need ridding from the club. Everything else will become more professional from thereon in.

Don't blame him. Easy gig with decent money..alls he has to do is rim bill every now and then and pretend the club is going in the right direction

I don’t think our greatest post war goal scorer deserves some of the criticism myself.

How much influence does he realistically have, and over how long?

There’s bigger targets than him imo.
Agree that there's bigger fish to fry, but Stubbs said it this morning; kenwright only allows his luvvies into his inner circle. Any criticism and he tries to cut you out. That suggests sharp is happy to take a paycheck and not actually do a job

Don't mind sharp and he takes zero blame for the situation, however... The whole licking the bum of everything Everton and not calling a spade a spade gets on my tits.

Rather he just not comment on anything board related but he just constant brownoses everyone at board level.

I get he probably wouldn't have a job if he went the other way, but have some respect for yourself and maybe just don't comment on it at all

I don’t think our greatest post war goal scorer deserves some of the criticism myself.

How much influence does he realistically have, and over how long?

There’s bigger targets than him imo.
It's a fair point, he's just a body in the boardroom. He's just too daft to see it. Another layer around Mr. Chairman.

I remember how they laughably tried to dress it up as a wonderful appointment as he brings a wealth of football experience. (played over 30 years ago and sacked as manager by Bangor City)

Banter FC.

Don't mind sharp and he takes zero blame for the situation, however... The whole licking the bum of everything Everton and not calling a spade a spade gets on my tits.

Rather he just not comment on anything board related but he just constant brownoses everyone at board level.

I get he probably wouldn't have a job if he went the other way, but have some respect for yourself and maybe just don't comment on it at all

That makes no sense, at all. He's either there to do a job or he isn't. Which is it?

Why? He's on the board and earning top dollar for being there. Why shouldn't he take some of the blame? Please explain.
That's another problem. A non-exec director is usually detached from the buisness and they get expenses covered. This allows them to be frank with their opinions at meetings.

Sharp was (and still is) on the payroll. Of course he's not going go too hard on his superiors.

It's a complete joke. All led by 1 man.

I don't blame Sharpy for any of the problems. The guy is a legend in his own right and is simply another cog of Good Times Bill surrounding himself with ex players and people who will obey him and keep him there. It is that tosser and his cronies that need ridding from the club. Everything else will become more professional from thereon in.
The rot had set in well before he arrived, my query with him is what's his role/purpose?

Why? He's on the board and earning top dollar for being there. Why shouldn't he take some of the blame? Please explain.

He doesnt make any major decisions at board level or picking the team that goes onto the pitch.

Some want to blame anything they can right now out of frustration. Sharp isnt anywhere near to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.