Goodison Park

I still feel like that kid in the video every time I walk up the stairs and see the pitch. Never lost that magic and always makes my heart miss a beat. I drive past it every day and I still get that buzz walking up to pitch level. So many memories made in over 50 years. Wish I had the same time in front of me to make as many at the new place.

This is how I'll always remember you now:

53685645493_1e4e3a0c4a_c.jpg

Still have vivid memories from my childhood

Getting the 85 bus from the dingle to the old bus depot in Walton before walking to the ground

Or coming down from scotty Road and seeing the buoy and anchor, knowing goodison was now close.

The best memory were always the night games in the main stand. I used to love running up them stairs and just seeing the bullens, with lights blazing back at me.

Love that gaff, love the happiness it brought as a kid. Everything seemed possible

I still feel like that kid in the video every time I walk up the stairs and see the pitch. Never lost that magic and always makes my heart miss a beat. I drive past it every day and I still get that buzz walking up to pitch level. So many memories made in over 50 years. Wish I had the same time in front of me to make as many at the new place.
That's me. Age 46 and counting.

I get we have to move, but I find it mad with the shouts of "I can't wait to leave because-

A the facilities are crap
B the toilets are crap
C the ale is crap
D the football is crap

Answers are

A - yes they are, don't worry about it and go to a nice hotel where the facilities are great
B - use your own bog then
C - go the pub
D - can't help you with that

BMD is going to improve all of the above ten fold, and will make it "an all for one experience" and I totally love that idea I really do and will start helping us (hopefully) generate the kind of revenue we've been lacking for years.

Goodison isn't that, Goodison is about getting there, getting in, sharing the ups and downs and then getting off and flicking the old 2 fingers to the away coaches and spilling out onto the streets and walking back home or driving home and discussing the game in the immediate 5 minutes after the match.

Don't ever wish that away, don't ever say "I can't wait to leave".

We're supporters, not business people.

My sentiments exactly.

My first proper memory was Everton v Portsmouth 2004, Leon Osman last minute winner the ground shook. Nearly 20 years later, same seat, I will miss goodison dearly but can’t wait for BMD

One of my aims for next season is to get a ticket with my son,in the Paddock, and try to sit approximately where I used to stand with my Dad when I started going to the match in the 70s…that was our speck and he would always see people he knew and have a chat with them.

I think that will be very emotional if I manage to achieve it.

Remember first game with my dad he brought a milk crate so I could stand on in lower bullens against city in semi final.. probably get arrested now for violent object brought into ground.. love the place me
You can’t even take plastic bottle tops off your drink into the ground so, god knows what they would make of a milk crate.

….not forgetting those who’s resting place is Goodison.

My best friend at school, Kenny Lyons, emigrated to Canada as a 9yo in 1964 and never lost his allegiance to his beloved Everton. When he passed suddenly as a young man his family arranged for his ashes to be placed at Goodison and his name is pitch side with many other fellow Evertonians.

Eggs, strange question but the names of the people who's ashes are at Goodison, would that be all the people who have been laid to rest there?

My wife's dad died when she was a baby, and she didnt know his ashes where scattered at Goodison till a few years ago, but had no more details - was wondering if it was part of the deal to have the names of them placed there.