Goodison Park Article In the Echo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully some of the original structure can be retained, as has been mooted in the past. It would be a shame for it to be completely flattened. What Arsenal did with the remains of Highbury was both innovative and respectful I thought. If the Gwladys and Bullens could be kept in some form it would be terrific.

And that's why we have to make sure that Bramley Moore Stadium is built in a way that as near as possible has that intimidating atmosphere
when the crowd is up for it. It's been done in new grounds in Germany, but not in England - yet.

Brilliant article, and I’m sure there are several comments in there that we can all relate too. Made the hairs on my arm stand on end, a very emotional read. I hope tonight the atmosphere can be replicated of what it has been like over the last few months. COYB!

...it’s a grand old stadium, its a Grand Old Lady, it’s a throw back to different times. We all have so many memories there, it’ll be sad to say goodbye.
Don't worry it'll be a while yet.:oops:

Have had some of the best and most memorable moments of my life at Goodison Park, still remember my first game in 1966 like it was yesterday! If I am lucky enough to get a ticket for the last ever game there I guarantee you I, will walk into and then out of what for me is best ground in the country bar none in absolute bits!

Status
Not open for further replies.