Goodison Flops

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil Neville Superstar

Player Valuation: £35m
Per Kroldrup.

Li Wei-Feng - obviously some sort of marketing deal in China to increase our reputation over there.

Andy Van Der Meyde.

Richard ****e, sorry, Wright.

Jo! - even though he was only on loan, which was terminated! Says it all.

Feel free to add to the list...

;):D

Last edited:
Tie was good.
Nyarko was god awful. (pun intended)
Bilic took us to the cleaners.
Speed was a nark.
Barmby a judas.
Simon Davies lasted less than Pembridge.
Simonsen was dodgy from agent Johnson holding tranmere and Everton.
Scott Spenser is a youth 1m player that flopped hard.

Agree with KGB, Li Tie was actually a decent player... and he played more than just "5 games". The season we finished 7th he was in the starting XI more often than not and seemed pretty comfortable with the pace of the Prem from the get go.

Agree with KGB, Li Tie was actually a decent player... and he played more than just "5 games". The season we finished 7th he was in the starting XI more often than not and seemed pretty comfortable with the pace of the Prem from the get go.

Agreed. So much so I have a 'keijan' puma shirt with li tie on the back from that season!!

Li Tie was not crap by a long stretch. What short memories some of us have! 2002/03 season he was very handy for us in the middle of the park. He never got over that nasty double leg break whilst playing for China the following season.

Li Weifeng currently is the captain of China these days. His career has taken off. Fair play to him, shame he never showed more while he was here.

How have we not mentioned Andy Van Der Meyde? He was [Poor language removed]! May have come on and played well a handful of times but cost us a small fortune.

Just looked, he played 20 times and cost £2m. Thats 100,000 per game. Wages were about 40K per week for 4 years (2005-2009) so thats about £8,320,000 for his stay. Thats £416,000 per game. Giving us a total of £516,000 per game.

£1/2m per game..... sorry but duck me!

No matter how poor someone was they cant trump that.... oh wait Per Koldrop :(

1 game - £5m - you can do the math this time

Li Tie, Speed, Barmby, Simmo and Myhre all did well for us, the latter two were seen as crap as they were some of the keepers we tried to replace Nev with. The second two did brilliantly for us - people don't like them for the circumstances in which they left. I didn't think Bilic was that bad a player for us either

Per Kroldrup.

Li Wei-Feng & Li Tie - obviously some sort of marketing deal in China to increase our reputation over there.

Andy Van Der Meyde.

Richard [Poor language removed], sorry, Wright.

Jo! - even though he was only on loan, which was terminated! Says it all.

Feel free to add to the list...

;):D

Martin Murray .
Stefan Rehn .
Rodrigo .

I thank you .

Li Tie was a fairly decent player for us at the time.

Andy Van der Meyde wasnt [Poor language removed] either, any with half a brain could see the lad had talent. And even if he was, which he wasnt, he barely played enough for us to judge him. He cost us 1.7 million, hardly a massive flop. I cant blame Moyes for that one, he simply had alot of problems off the pitch.

2 words - IDAN TAL
came as one of israels best prospects, left when moyesiah came in as he thought he was not good enough to sit on the bench. 14 starts in 3 seasons = shocking

Status
Not open for further replies.