Goodison Flops

Status
Not open for further replies.
li Tie was a great little player. Tons of workrate and a brilliant passer. He set up so many chances for Radzinski. He was a major factor in us finishing 7th that season.

Thomas Mhyre was a tremendous goalkeeper for the first couple of seasons for us. His performance against Leeds at home (0-0) is the best goalkeeping performance I have ever seen for us and that includes Southall.

li Tie was a great little player. Tons of workrate and a brilliant passer. He set up so many chances for Radzinski. He was a major factor in us finishing 7th that season.

Thomas Mhyre was a tremendous goalkeeper for the first couple of seasons for us. His performance against Leeds at home (0-0) is the best goalkeeping performance I have ever seen for us and that includes Southall.

both decent players in my book

Li Tie, Speed, Barmby, Simmo and Myhre all did well for us, the latter two were seen as crap as they were some of the keepers we tried to replace Nev with. The second two did brilliantly for us - people don't like them for the circumstances in which they left. I didn't think Bilic was that bad a player for us either

Spot on totally agree! Barmby and Speed always gave 100% when with us! The way they left is what they will be remembered for!

I second Juliano Rodrigo. Anyone else remember him? One of Moyes's first ever loan signings and only made a few appearences before getting injured and subsequently released. I remember being quite excited when we got him at the time :p

I thought he looked a decent player the little time he played until the bad injury he got!

to the list...
danny williamson
mitch ward
tony thomas
espen bardsen

disagree with gazza...he did ok for us for a short period
disagree with mike madar...he scored a few when he first came
Li Tie did well in his first season too as people have pointed out
Bilic, huge reputation, huge pay packet...and really, he wasn't much good
Speed- was truly excellent...maybe one day the truth will come out

Am glad noone has said Earl Barrett. I know he had lots of detractors, but he remains the best defensive full back we have had in the last 30 yrs

Worst flops in recent years Kroldrup and Beattie for sure.

Li Tie was a tidy little player.

Slaven Bilic
Alex Nyarko
Danny Williamson
Scott Gemmill
Tony Cottee
Idan Tal
Gazza
Ginola
Alec Cleland
John Spencer
Mo Johnston