Goats squad analysis thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
My take on what we need over this window and summer

GK
Pickford and Lossl are fine Virginia will either come back this window or in the summer should be kept as 3rd choice and u23 keeper when matches don't clash with first team. Stekelenburg should be released.

RB
I would wait until the summer but I would make Sidibe permanent and bring Kenny back. Not sure who would be first choice but happy either way. Martina will be released as for Coleman it would be nice for him to find a new club and at the minute he still has something to offer. For once move a player on before they have no transfer value

LB
Digne is obviously first choice but needs competition. Baines has proved he can come in and do a job but if Digne was injured I don't think he could play 2 games a week. We need a youngish LB who is good enough to compete with Digne but understands will have to wait for opportunity. Baines should be thanked for 13 season of service and released.

CB
Holgate and Mina have proven they are good enough Keane will be kept as there is no way we will get anyone to buy him. We still need at least one left sided CB but maybe 2 if Ancelloti is going to play 3 CB. One needs to come in this window as we are short in this position. I had high hopes Lewis Gibson might step up but it appears either he doesn't want to stay or the is some other complication.

DM
We have Gbamin who is injured and Schneiderlin who probably has blown his chance. Baningime has completely fell off the radar. I would probably stick with what we've got til summer then move Schneiderlin and Baningime on and try and bring someone in to compete with Gbamin.

CM
Gomes, Delph and Davies I'm happy with our options here as long as Gomes is going to be ready for the new season.

AM (might not need anyone as we might not play a system requiring one)
Sigurdsson, Iwobi and Bernard can all play here. Gordon can also play. In an ideal world I would move Sigurdsson on as he can't really play any other position. Unfortunately his wages will make this almost impossible

Wingers
I have put these together as quite often players can play both sides. Walcott, Iwobi, Bernard. Richarlison can play here as well if we play one up top. Gordon is another option. Ideally I would like to see a left footed Richarlison brought in and a left footed Bernard. I would move Walcott if possible.

Strikers
Calvert-Lewin, Richarlison and Kean I would keep and if in one of the windows we can move Tosun on I would bring in another striker. Niasse will be released.

Manager: Carlo Ancelotti

GK
Jordan Pickford (HG)
Jonas Lössl
Maarten Stekelenburg

RB
Séamus Coleman
Djibril Sidibé
Cuco Martina

LB
Lucas Digne
Leighton Baines (HG)

CB
Yerry Mina
Michael Keane (HG)
Mason Holgate (HG)

DM/CM/AM
Gylfi Sigurðsson (HG)
André Gomes (+)
Fabian Delph (HG)
Jean-Philippe Gbamin (+)
Tom Davies (UA)
Morgan Schneiderlin (HG)

Widers
Richarlison
Bernard
Alex Iwobi (HG)
Theo Walcott (HG)

ST
Moise Kean (UA)
Dominic Calvert-Lewin (HG)
Oumar Niasse

Total players: 24
10 HG/12 Non-HG/2 UnderAge
Max 17 Non-HG

Players culled so far: 22
A.Williams(OOC), Jagielka(OOC), Vlasic(Sale), Galloway(Free), Robinson(Sale), Lookman(Sale), Gana(Sale), J.Williams(Sale), McCarthy(Sale), Onyekuru(Sale), Mirallas(Free?)

JJK(Loan), Sandro(Loan), Virginia(Loan), Dowell(Loan), Garbutt(Loan), Tarashaji(Loan), Pennington(Loan), Besic(Loan), Connolly(Loan), Bolaise(Loan)

Tosun(Loan)

Players purchased : 7
Lossl, Gomes, Delph, Gbamin, Kean, Iwobi, Sidibe(Loan)

GK
Jordan Pickford (HG)
Maarten Stekelenburg

RB
Séamus Coleman
Djibril Sidibé
Cuco Martina

LB
Lucas Digne
Leighton Baines (HG)

CB
Yerry Mina
Michael Keane (HG)
Mason Holgate (HG)

DM/CM/AM
Gylfi Sigurðsson (HG)
André Gomes (+)
Fabian Delph (HG)
Jean-Philippe Gbamin (+)
Tom Davies (UA)
Morgan Schneiderlin (HG)

Widers
Richarlison
Bernard
Alex Iwobi (HG)
Theo Walcott (HG)

ST
Moise Kean (UA)
Oumar Niasse

Total players: 23
10 HG/11 Non-HG/2 UnderAge
Max 17 Non-HG

Players culled so far: 23
A.Williams(OOC), Jagielka(OOC), Vlasic(Sale), Galloway(Free), Robinson(Sale), Lookman(Sale), Gana(Sale), J.Williams(Sale), McCarthy(Sale), Onyekuru(Sale), Mirallas(Free?)

JJK(Loan), Sandro(Loan), Virginia(Loan), Dowell(Loan), Garbutt(Loan), Tarashaji(Loan), Pennington(Loan), Besic(Loan), Connolly(Loan), Bolaise(Loan).

Tosun(Loan), Lossl(Loan)

I can't believe that Carlo Anchelloti has come to manage Everton on the basis we are broke and can't afford to dip into the market, neither can I believe he looked at our squad and thought "there is a bunch of players who can win at the highest level and enhance my reputation".
I am forced to believe he is looking at rebuilding completely, he is stripping out the deadwood and seeing what he can salvage from the situation he has inherited. Hopefully we are starting a real revaluation of what it is we are doing and looking at what is required to be a top four team in England and being able to sustain that.
Players are going out freeing up money for wages, more will go in the summer. We can't expect much by way of transfer fees because they are out of contract or just plain useless; unless we sell Richarlson which would be a retrograde step.
Carlo hasn't got many more clubs in him, hopefully he is building a monument to himself.
What is that they say about hope.

So the end of the season sees us save on the wages of Niasse, Martina, Stekelenburg and Garbutt at the absolute minimum. That’s at least £100k p/w on players who offer less than nothing. Suspect we’ll retain Baines again.

Honestly think we’ll have our hands tied until the end of the 2021 season though unless Brands can do the impossible and shift some awful players even earlier. That’s when the absolute millstones around our neck - Walcott, Schneiderlin, Bolasie and Sandro, as well as Tarashaj, Dowell, Pennington and Connolly, leave.

An unenviable situation.

Which of our absolute wasters are out of contract in the summer? Please tell me Niasse and Martina at least,

GK
Jordan Pickford (HG)
Maarten Stekelenburg

RB
Séamus Coleman
Djibril Sidibé
Cuco Martina

LB
Lucas Digne
Leighton Baines (HG)

CB
Yerry Mina
Michael Keane (HG)
Mason Holgate (HG)

DM/CM/AM
Gylfi Sigurðsson (HG)
André Gomes (+)
Fabian Delph (HG)
Jean-Philippe Gbamin (+)
Tom Davies (UA)
Morgan Schneiderlin (HG)

Widers
Richarlison
Bernard
Alex Iwobi (HG)
Theo Walcott (HG)

ST
Moise Kean (UA)
Oumar Niasse

Total players: 23
10 HG/11 Non-HG/2 UnderAge
Max 17 Non-HG

Players culled so far: 23

JJK(Loan), Sandro(Loan), Virginia(Loan), Dowell(Loan), Garbutt(Loan), Tarashaji(Loan), Pennington(Loan), Besic(Loan), Connolly(Loan), Bolaise(Loan).

Tosun(Loan), Lossl(Loan)

realistically we should get rid of two thirds of that lot, add in a load at under 23 level as well who will never play for the first team and you can see the job brands has on his hands to much overweight around the club.

So the end of the season sees us save on the wages of Niasse, Martina, Stekelenburg and Garbutt at the absolute minimum. That’s at least £100k p/w on players who offer less than nothing. Suspect we’ll retain Baines again.

Honestly think we’ll have our hands tied until the end of the 2021 season though unless Brands can do the impossible and shift some awful players even earlier. That’s when the absolute millstones around our neck - Walcott, Schneiderlin, Bolasie and Sandro, as well as Tarashaj, Dowell, Pennington and Connolly, leave.

An unenviable situation.

its probably 150k p/w savings when those 4 are gone in the summer

Status
Not open for further replies.