Goats squad analysis thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have a thread for the current squad. You can keep trying but I’m not going to acknowledge your stance here. @MarcelsGoat knows he made a light night blunder.
and this thread will rightly continue into next season. I am not going to acknowledge that you are not being pedantic.
1. He mentions it is the current squad hopefully not going into next season.
2. He mentions the contracts of Baines and Jags
3. He writes a good analysis which is basically a summary and not a full blown detailed analysis

but you say he balls up.

Admit it Nymzee.....you ballsed up.

GK: Pickford / Virginia

LB: Digne / Baines (if he’ll accept 1 year)
CB: N/A / Keane
CB: Mina / Holgate
RB: N/A / Coleman (Kenny on loan)

DM: Gana / Baningime
CM: N/A / Davies
CM: N/A / Sig & Vlasic

LM: Bernard / Lookman
ST: N/A / DCL
RM: Richarlison / Henry

and this thread will rightly continue into next season. I am not going to acknowledge that you are not being pedantic.
1. He mentions it is the current squad hopefully not going into next season.
2. He mentions the contracts of Baines and Jags
3. He writes a good analysis which is basically a summary and not a full blown detailed analysis

but you say he balls up.

Admit it Nymzee.....you ballsed up.

Nope.

Including returned loanees and a sentence saying “Players purchased so far” assumes it’s July onwards in which those three players won’t as we know it be contracted to Everton football club.

Nope.

Including returned loanees and a sentence saying “Players purchased so far” assumes it’s July onwards in which those three players won’t as we know it be contracted to Everton football club.

Yes. Current squad going into next season which will be updated as we go along.

For me this summer has to be about steady progression. We've had a huge turnover of players in the last few years so we could do with trying to settle down a bit and sprinkling in some extra quality.

I suggest:
Baines 1 year deal
Zouma permanent
Gomes permanent
Buy/loan a new DM
Either keep Dowell or Vlasic
Hopefully get a work permit for Onyekuru
Make a decision on Lookman
Buy/loan a new ST

If Gana does go to PSG then I would keep Schneiderlin as back up for the new DM (as much as I don't like him)

GK
Jordan Pickford
João Virginia
Maarten Stekelenburg

RB
Séamus Coleman
Jonjoe Kenny

LB
Lucas Digne
Leighton Baines

CB
Michael Keane
Kurt Zouma
Yerry Mina
Mason Holgate

DM/CM/AM
Idrissa Gueye
New DM
Gylfi Sigurðsson
Andre Gomes
Tom Davies
Nikola Vlašić/Kieran Dowell

Widers
Richarlison
Bernard
Ademola Lookman/New Winger
Henry Onyekuru

ST
Dominic Calvert-Lewin
New ST

Well you’ve ballsed up right away including A. Williams, Jags and Baines since they’ll all be out of contract.

Their contracts expire in June, I didnt mention Williams cos not a chance we retain him, plus I wanted the ability to remove him!

I always put in players with expiring contracts.

You should have done it as the state of play come the Summer then added Jags/Baines in if they got offered a deal. Tit.

I see your point, my first draft had Hewelt in it also, but meh. Adding Baines or Jags if given a new contract would have messed with my numbers and I think they both deserve the honour of being called Everton players, if only for a month more.

Williams I didnt mention cos lets be honest, nobody likes him and I will enjoy removing him.

I see your point, my first draft had Hewelt in it also, but meh. Adding Baines or Jags if given a new contract would have messed with my numbers and I think they both deserve the honour of being called Everton players, if only for a month more.

Williams I didnt mention cos lets be honest, nobody likes him and I will enjoy removing him.

You had one job at 3am this morning MG, one job.

Reading back the only mistake I made was not mentioning Pennington!!

Jags, Baines and Willians are where I want them to be!! Hopefully I can add Zooms and Gomes ASAP.

I mean you took out Zouma and Gomes so you're obviously writing it from a July onwards perspective when none of the out of contracts will be here as we know it.

I mean you took out Zouma and Gomes so you're obviously writing it from a July onwards perspective when none of the out of contracts will be here as we know it.

Its really not an issue frandelino, as always the squad list is ever changing and will change lots between now and August.

Status
Not open for further replies.