Getting annoyed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some people see the big picture.

To talk about a snide comment made years before to pander to the fanbase of the club he was managing is quite frankly embarrassing.

He's been selected as a safe pair of hands while we transition towards the new stadium.

Personally i think he will give us a lot more, the discipline and work ethic that has been sorely lacking for so long.

On a footballing level i agree with his appointment 100%. If some people want to hold the opinion that despite being the choice of the board and vastly qualified, because he managed Liverpool and hurt their feelings over a decade ago he shouldn't get the job then that's up to them.

it’s embarrassing he’s everton manager.

Is the any other blues out there that is getting really pissed off at everton or is it just me.

Im getting sick of the fact that our club never progresses in my personal oppinion i think we are worse now than when moyes was here.

Its just getting me down now i think i have had enough lol
You only have to look at most of what’s said on here to know it’s not just you.

The reality is I can’t bring myself to follow another Club and on top of that I’m clinging onto the hope we will eventually see some more success and it’ll be all the sweeter for the wait.

We all know the playing/coaching recruitment has been dreadful in recent years specifically, and we are still paying for that.
But personally, I am certain that the owners are desperate to turn our fortunes around and for that reason I am hopeful.

It’s the same as wider society, normal people are getting pissed off at anti vaxers, blue are getting fed up with anti blues (Benitez haters). It’s gonna boil over soon let’s hope the right side wins.

Is this a reference to the other day when you were on here wishing people to die a grisly death? Are you on “the right side”?

At the outset, let me start with saying, I abso-fuxxing-lutely hate what Benitez said about Everton "oh-so-many" years ago. But, he is Everton manager right now, so I will hold my tongue while he is here.

To address the name-calling some of us have started: Calling Benitez-haters as anti-Everton is just reaching in my opinion (Yes, it's an opinion, and you can chuck it down the ..., but it is out there anyway :p ).

While I agree with the point made that he made those comments to pander to the fanbase, does that not show that is what he is... A panderer (If at that's a word). Yesterday, he pandered to what the Red fans wanted, now he is pandering to what the Blue-fans will want, tomorrow if he ends with some other club, he will pander to them. He seems to be too insecure to not give a damn about non-footballing stuff. So would we be OK, if he goes somewhere and started bad-mouthing Everton again, because he "pandering" to those fans now.

As I posted somewhere else sometimes back, Excepting a stint with Chelsea, a season with Napoli What can we point to as Benitez excellent record (You can point to NewCastle, but do we want to take Championship results in consideration). Is that the success that we want?

He said what he said and then later claimed he was mis-quoted(?). When did he claim that? Did he admit he was mistaken when he was the Red's manager, even afterwards. He said that when he was being considered as a candidate for Everton's revolving managerial chair sometimes after-Martinez-before-Ancelotti. That just shows that the guy will say whatever is needed to line his pockets. And that makes me hate his ideology even more. Benitez does Benitez, he doesn't give diddly-squat about the fans / anything else. There's this thing called as pride-in-what-you-are. I won't like if any tom, [shortform-for-Richard] or Rafael gets to call us whatever the hell he/she wants because, you know... "Big picture". I am not going to like it if some "superstar" calls us names and then because he wants to curry favour with us says he was mistaken.

Do I condone some-of-the more aggressive supporters putting up banners? Hell no. That's just abhorrent, but do I like him just because he is the Everton manager? Hell no for that as well.

Repeating again, so long as he is Everton manager, he has my silence, not support yet. I will not be criticizing anything football-related while he is here. And of course, this is just a personal opinion, so feel free to ignore it.

[EDIT]: changed couple of words that might sound offensive. I did not realize the [shortform of Richard] would be turning into an offensive word when taken in isolation. :D
At least you are giving Mr. Benitez a chance to prove himself.

I think a lot of this feeling shoite about Everton at the moment is that apart from the so called big clubs lots of clubs around and below us seem to be doing good business or being linked to quality and we are always linked to poo players or has-beans.

I realise the link to a player means nothing but when we are linked to Phil Jones and Brighton or Villa are linked to the likes of Ward-Prowse, Todd Cantwell etc it is a little depressing.

Maybe if someone in the media could link us to some big names it might just cheer us up a bit but unfortunately except for one big successful purchase (Richarlison) once in a blue moon then this is Everton, like it or lump it.

Some people see the big picture.

To talk about a snide comment made years before to pander to the fanbase of the club he was managing is quite frankly embarrassing.

He's been selected as a safe pair of hands while we transition towards the new stadium.

Personally i think he will give us a lot more, the discipline and work ethic that has been sorely lacking for so long.

On a footballing level i agree with his appointment 100%. If some people want to hold the opinion that despite being the choice of the board and vastly qualified, because he managed Liverpool and hurt their feelings over a decade ago he shouldn't get the job then that's up to them.
We’ll said, COYB

I think a lot of this feeling shoite about Everton at the moment is that apart from the so called big clubs lots of clubs around and below us seem to be doing good business or being linked to quality and we are always linked to poo players or has-beans.

I realise the link to a player means nothing but when we are linked to Phil Jones and Brighton or Villa are linked to the likes of Ward-Prowse, Todd Cantwell etc it is a little depressing.

Maybe if someone in the media could link us to some big names it might just cheer us up a bit but unfortunately except for one big successful purchase (Richarlison) once in a blue moon then this is Everton, like it or lump it.
Last summers transfer window was outstanding though, we bought three players who immediately improved the first team and by the end of the season, Godfrey was probably our most widely liked player on top of that.

If people are getting upset by media links they’re idiots. People can get upset by us signing three players for a combined 1.5m (even though they’re better and cheaper than the likes of Bernard and Bolasie who just got off the books) but I won’t judge the window until it’s over as I think we’ll sign at least two more without needing to sell a big player, a right back and an exciting attacker.

I am still fuming about the summer window when we sold Arteta and a load of others and we signed Mark Hahnemann on a free as our only summer signing.
I do not disagree with your fume, but what really gets my goat is that it took Tom Cruise to work out the conundrum as to 'where's the Arteta money, Bill?'

Status
Not open for further replies.