Get Rooney before United

Status
Not open for further replies.
In fairness to Rooney , in his written articles over the past few years he’s always come across as a knowledgable coach with great analytical skills, all I think he currently lacks is managerial experience which will come.
He’s really done a fantastic job at Derby with a bunch of free transfers and Academy products, anybody who thinks “ but he’d only be mid table even without the points deduction “ clearly has no knowledge of the situation he’s been in. Take a look at the Derby fans forum, they’re firstly amazed that he’s actually stayed around and even more pleased with the job he’s doing. It’s rare that you see almost 100% backing for a ,anager.
I think he’ll come back and manage us one day , and by then he’ll have had more managerial experience and Bill and the current boys and gals will be long gone, so he at least has a decent crack at our job.
I actually agree with everything here with the caveat that he needs to prove himself far more than for a season with what is a basket case situation for Derby.

What amounts to 13th place with a set up like hehasto work with is testament to him and the players. At the rate of point accumulation he will probably have them safe and would be far and away make him the manager of the season in England.

In fairness to Rooney , in his written articles over the past few years he’s always come across as a knowledgable coach with great analytical skills, all I think he currently lacks is managerial experience which will come.
He’s really done a fantastic job at Derby with a bunch of free transfers and Academy products, anybody who thinks “ but he’d only be mid table even without the points deduction “ clearly has no knowledge of the situation he’s been in. Take a look at the Derby fans forum, they’re firstly amazed that he’s actually stayed around and even more pleased with the job he’s doing. It’s rare that you see almost 100% backing for a ,anager.
I think he’ll come back and manage us one day , and by then he’ll have had more managerial experience and Bill and the current boys and gals will be long gone, so he at least has a decent crack at our job.
Great post.

What are the odds of Derby staying up, could be a decent bet... I've checked a few betting sites but can't find it... 1/5 to go down. Got to be atleast 12/1 to stay up.
Edit: Don't want Rooney in thanks.

He has them midtable in the absence of the deductions.

If they were midtable instead of being deemed unfairly in the middle of a relegation slog, I doubt anyone would much care about the job he's doing.
That's probably true but I suspect that it's the battling adversity and not throwing the towel in as well as the results that's impressing people and yes he's got to do a lot more to be remotely considered a future Everton manager.

I actually agree with everything here with the caveat that he needs to prove himself far more than for a season with what is a basket case situation for Derby.

What amounts to 13th place with a set up like hehasto work with is testament to him and the players. At the rate of point accumulation he will probably have them safe and would be far and away make him the manager of the season in England.

People say oh he'd be midtable without thd points deductions, which in isolation isnt anything special. But even without the points deductions, there is still all the other stuff going on such as transfer ban, unpaid wages etc. So 13th would still be a brilliant job under the circumstances.

Its probably been a huge help for his career though the fact that he's stuck around when he could have easily walked and many would havd expected him to, plus the experience he will have gained is unique for someone just starting out. The fact that the players are fighting for him also says a lot

Plus he seems to be keeping Ravel Morrison in check!

Not many great players become great managers - we had two plus a great coach - HK big Joe & CH - I can name far more who flopped as managers ......Bally, Bobby Charlton - Nobby Styles, Mark Lawereson, Steve Bruce etc etc - Jack Charlton only really did well with a national team .... TBH he was a stopper not a footballer.....

More failures than successes with even half decent players TBH .....

Bobby Robson stands out as a top player who had a great managerial career -Graham Sharp had a chequered managerial career at Oldham - back with us now ...... we already have to many ex players on the books putting the cones out as @davek would put it .......

Only blue in Management who has any clue about winning, setting high standards, demanding the best out of everyone and who could change the losing culture, he knew at 18 he would never win anything at Everton because the standards were so low, been there and done it at every level.

Yes I may have been on the sauce last night haha but stand by the statement, if we are to get him we need to get him early

Someone’s been on the Stella
More like this….
1640952510636.jpeg

He’s got a long way to go to be spoken as our next manager,very early days but given the circumstances he’s doing a great job there let’s be honest

Status
Not open for further replies.