General Meeting

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have to respect his honesty anyway.

I trust him.

I trust him to put money in and I trust his intentions.

I can't say I trust him with footballing decisions, but he has acknowledged the mistakes and seems now to have put Brands in place who has a brilliant track record and will be the one leading the club in terms of the football side - which ultimately is the most important factor. He is the 'football man' on the board, and that was desperately needed.

I can't say I trust him with footballing decisions, but he has acknowledged the mistakes and seems now to have put Brands in place who has a brilliant track record and will be the one leading the club in terms of the football side - which ultimately is the most important factor. He is the 'football man' on the board, and that was desperately needed.
It’s like every buisness , big and small
If you can’t do it yourself you hire an expert to do it
Moshiri tried it with Koeman / Walsh and it failed so he’s hired Brands

He's about the best we could have got, none of the other clubs around us (outside top 6 and in particular champions league) have managed to spend so much, let alone think about a new stadium on top. He's made mistakes, haven't we all, but without the benefit of time we can't tell what kind of owner he will have been. All I can say from my prospective he's done what I hoped he would do up until now.
Three years of turmoil on the pitch; three years talking about a new stadium.

If that's what you hoped for then your expectations have been met.

Bit ingenious with the figures there Dave
Transfer fees rocketed in the 3 years he’s been here
Lukaku alone brought in as much as the 6 seasons you mentioned
The fact remains he never turned out to be a figure who could shift the dial, as many suggested he would.

so? english isn't his first language, it's a really tedious thing to mock him for.
He's been involved in football for over a decade and thinks being "number 11" is the correct way to describe being "11th". I think that speaks to a lack of feel for the game at the very least.

He’s their second best CH after Kompany and Kompany is nearing the end of their career
There is not one top side in the world that wouldn’t sign John Stones
I'm not disputing that. What I am saying is if he stayed here and we were expecting him to be a player who wins us games as one of the top players we wouldn't go far. Same with Rom, Ross and Deulofeu tbh. Our "core" from a few years back was really a bunch of duds.

Three years of turmoil on the pitch; three years talking about a new stadium.

If that's what you hoped for then your expectations have been met.

Haha how very droll. You can't make an omelette without breaking some eggs. I'm sure Man Utd would say something similar. If it was that easy to come in and get into the top four more people would be looking to do it.

Moshiri has provided the funds and the backing, it's not his fault if it doesn't click. It would be his fault however if he left it rotting, but he kicked Walsh out at great expense. He's gone for Brands who has a bit more pedigree. Again no guarantees, this is not an exact science. Where we stand in the game that is about as good as it gets.

That is my take as well. He will deliver Bramley Moore as he will make real coin out of it. To be in a position to do so he has already begun making Everton a much more viable and stable club for future investors.

Brands is already proving his worth to the club with his summer signings and I can see the sense of having such a key club figure on the board albeit with some reservations re governance.

A million words, promises, fancy graphics, and corporate backslapping.

Come Sunday, another dull, turgid, and uninspiring performance.

And they wonder why we are cynical and downbeat!

Yeah, you would fully expect the AGM presentations to have a direct impact on the weekend’s result. Does at every other club! That’s whats LFC have done this season. They realised the presentations were having a direct effect on the results so they now have one before every game.

Haha how very droll. You can't make an omelette without breaking some eggs. I'm sure Man Utd would say something similar. If it was that easy to come in and get into the top four more people would be looking to do it.

Moshiri has provided the funds and the backing, it's not his fault if it doesn't click. It would be his fault however if he left it rotting, but he kicked Walsh out at great expense. He's gone for Brands who has a bit more pedigree. Again no guarantees, this is not an exact science. Where we stand in the game that is about as good as it gets.
Has he?

Net spend on players since he arrived has been £128M and annual wage bill rose from £84M pa to £104 pa. When you consider the club tv revenue rose in that time from £82M pa to £131M pa that means there's been no heavy lifting for Moshiri on the playing side of things. His real substantial investement is in taking in debt - which he now holds rather than an outside institution, and that doesn't go away for the club - he either demands that debt he's taken on be repaid eventually or he converts that into shares.

Absolutely nothing wrong with having ambition, but you need to back it up. Don't say you're going to be a doctor and then drop out of school, don't say you're going to lose 5 stone and then go to mcdonalds every day, don't say you're aiming to win the league and then sign mediocre players. Words are easy, actions are not. So far Moshiri has said a lot and done very little when it comes to our ambitions.

Lovely analogies, but what does that have to do with Moshiri ? He supplies the cash, which he has done, the managers, DOF's and the scouts choose the players to spend it on. Maybe you should be directing your ire at them.
Tbh Brands and Silva have in my humble opinion bought some really good players in, they may just need some time to gel and may even need another transfer window or two to get more of their targets in and also more of the previous dross out.
Again it takes time and patience, I used to prefer my coffee instant, perhaps like you, now I prefer a Latte, it takes a bit longer to make but it tastes much better when it's done.

Has he?

Net spend on players since he arrived has been £128M and annual wage bill rose from £84M pa to £104 pa. When you consider the club tv revenue rose in that time from £82M pa to £131M pa that means there's been no heavy lifting for Moshiri on the playing side of things. His real substantial investement is in taking in debt - which he now holds rather than an outside institution, and that doesn't go away for the club - he either demands that debt he's taken on be repaid eventually or he converts that into shares.

Our wage bill is currently 146m PA, but hey ho, why let facts get the way of a good agenda.

Has he?

How we forget the halcyon days of what came before, was it two or three transfer Windows, without buying a first team player. Also as I've said earlier, our greatest ever owner, Sir John Moore's, done exactly the same, gave us interest free loans, so what is wrong with Moshiri doing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.