General Meeting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whenever I get asked for a quote on work, even if it's an "easy" job, I do everything to underplay expectations. That way, even if things go awry, I still have a minimum standard of expectation to fall back on.

"Number 11 is sound, but tbh, after whats been spent, we only really expect 17th. At a real push, standing still is just about perfect. Is that OK Marco?"

"We want to compete" instead of "we want to win the league".

What's wrong with having ambition ? We're no where near ready now but in the future, what's the point competing if at some point you don't think you can win. Who in their right mind would of thought Leicester would win the premier league.

So he came in cleared the debts and instead of oweing the bank money we now owe moshiri even more money then the original debt he cleared.

Nice
It usually gets folded into equity when the owner holding the debt sells the club for the value of the club + outstanding debt.

Unless you think Moshiri is going to be sending us a bill each month?

There's good debt and bad debt and debt that we don't have to pay back until our owner sells up is a lot better than owing the banks money.

What's wrong with having ambition ? We're no where near ready now but in the future, what's the point competing if at some point you don't think you can win. Who in their right mind would of thought Leicester would win the premier league.
Absolutely nothing wrong with having ambition, but you need to back it up. Don't say you're going to be a doctor and then drop out of school, don't say you're going to lose 5 stone and then go to mcdonalds every day, don't say you're aiming to win the league and then sign mediocre players. Words are easy, actions are not. So far Moshiri has said a lot and done very little when it comes to our ambitions.
But we want to win the league in our new stadium. Which sits on land that we have a 200 year lease on... Hardly seems like anybody is being over ambitious to me.
A bit disingenuous. Clearly the impression being given was that this was the aim in the not too distant future, and if our CEO was not aware that was the way it would be taken, she really doesn't know football fans at all.

So he came in cleared the debts and instead of oweing the bank money we now owe moshiri even more money then the original debt he cleared.

Nice

Who does he think he is? I want an owner who pays the debt (which we were paying a very high interest back on) plus I want him to invest in the playing squad and stadium but I draw the line at them wanting a return on their investment, he should just be a boss blue and give us his money

Destination Kirkby was about as real and objective as it got for Everton. It was much more progressed and likely to happen than BMD.

BMD is still at the drawing board stage. And I see only novelty and amateurish appointments to "the team," running the club.

I dont know why Moshiri is being given leeway here. He's been at Everton for three years in the coming spring and we are a basket case. But if people want to keep accepting stories of milk and honey....

I think we will agree to differ mate, you can link anything to a regime from the past be it positive or negative, i noticed that Moshiri used a few John Moores quotes last night, whether that be intentional or not.

I think were i am at, is the necessary changes i advocated at board and governance level have happened, also an acknowledgment of the wrong approach by the owner has happened to, its easier to say you are right and be stubborn rather then to admit you are wrong, take you medicine and try to rectify - that seems to have happened to me. It would be hypocritical of me after advocating for both those things, not to put trust and faith in them in their infancy now they have been actioned.

But you are right in the sense the proof will be in the outcomes of the promises made, but im hopeful and trusting at this point, more so then have been after the last two GM's, which were total spin imho.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.