General Meeting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Totally different Dave. We were never going to be bought by super rich investors (after City were snapped up by the Arabs and FFP came into play) that would build our stadium gratis and start collecting the world's best players. The problem here is with your expectations being too high.

As long as our spending is in and around Spurs' level over the next few years we will have done very well.
Moshiri is not even the half-way house between Kenwright and Mansour - the view that some try and perpetuate.

He's not made any substantial difference. He oversaw player sales of £187M in 3 seasons - while we had player sales of £90M in the previous 6 seasons before he turned up. He bought debt which he'll turn into equity later.

He's really not that great a step up from Kenwright. Never mind the quantum leap that a sheik could oversee, this is barely a large stride forward.

Its like Moshiri reads this forum and wrote the speech to get certain peoples backs up. Top job.

Lifes far too serious to take what was said and get irate about it.

Moshiri is not even the half-way house between Kenwright and Mansour - the view that some try and perpetuate.

He's not made any substantial difference. He oversaw player sales of £187M in 3 seasons - while we had player sales of £90M in the previous 6 seasons before he turned up. He bought debt which he'll turn into equity later.

He's really not that great a step up from Kenwright. Never mind the quantum leap that a sheik could oversee, this is barely a large stride forward.

So when the F was Mansour coming in? Cloud cuckoo land.

For one thing DK was nothing to do with Moshiri, All projected building programmes start st the drawing board stage. As for appointments to the managerial side you would prefer it was still wholly BK, Elstone and that other chap given the shove, so Brands, Baxendale to name two are novelty ?? Who else should be there running the club? So the club is now a basket case what was it under Johnson and then BK?

Have you ever considered where we would be if Moshiri had not come in, what exactly is wrong with him Dave?

As I said Dave never anything good to say for the club have you Dave?
Why is it my duty to provide alternatives?

He's about the best we could have got, none of the other clubs around us (outside top 6 and in particular champions league) have managed to spend so much, let alone think about a new stadium on top. He's made mistakes, haven't we all, but without the benefit of time we can't tell what kind of owner he will have been. All I can say from my prospective he's done what I hoped he would do up until now.

No, but give credit where it is due. Are in accord with him that the new stadium is 100% not happening, so how did he come to that. Prefer to stay at tiny GP, fancy WHP or Stonecross, have I missed out any golden opportunities that you and Dave approve of?

Take a deep breath.

Slow down and think about what you want to write before you do it.

Now, try again to write that reply to me so it makes some sense please.

Disagree. It's ambition, what would you like them to say?
You don't really need to say anything in that sense I don't think.

I agree that it just causes more unrest, because 3 years down the line if we're 5th, you start thinking we're still miles away from where we're supposed to be instead of thinking this is good progress. It's like the whole 'short window to get amongst the elite' interview, it's fine saying it if you then back it up with actions, but saying we're aiming for the top and then appointing Koeman and Allardyce, selling Lukaku and signing Tosun etc, you just end up looking like an idiot. It sounds hollow without the actions backing it up, and nothing we've done in the last few years screams that we're really trying to be a big hitter.

Bit ingenious with the figures there Dave
Transfer fees rocketed in the 3 years he’s been here
Lukaku alone brought in as much as the 6 seasons you mentioned

Status
Not open for further replies.