Transfer Rumour Gabriel (Lille)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we backed out of a deal as the virus hit, then I think it was more likely because we thought we might be able to get him for cheaper in a few months time, rather than concerns about affordability.

So the day arsenal announce they’ve made 55 staff redundant they beat us by bidding £30m for a player?

stinks.

So every one believes this because one Twitter handle says it's happening, lots more retweet it or repeat it with their own little slant . It doesn't mean it's true does it.
If it's arsenal transfer news,I don't believe a word of it till David Ornstein says it and he hasn't even mentioned it , let alone say it's a done deal.

So every one believes this because one Twitter handle says it's happening, lots more retweet it or repeat it with their own little slant . It doesn't mean it's true does it.
If it's arsenal transfer news,I don't believe a word of it till David Ornstein says it and he hasn't even mentioned it , let alone say it's a done deal.
Ornstein does seem incredibly connected when it comes to Arsenal. Wish we had someone as reliable

Yeah I think this is the case, we seen it as an opportunity.If Brands pulls it off fair play but if he doesn’t he looks incredibly stupid.
That wouldn't be something he decides on his own considering clubs are losing a ton of money during that period. The people who would have approved the transfer package he negotiated with Lille would have asked him to renegotiate. It's not like he is in charge of Evertons financial health overall

Ornstein does seem incredibly connected when it comes to Arsenal. Wish we had someone as reliable.

People like Ornstein and Simon Stone are mouthpieces for the respective clubs they cover. Considering the way they disseminate information, they get briefed by high up executives for PR or negotiating purposes.

Our name isnt even mentioned anymore.

Stick a fork in this 1.

So, arsenal aren't signing him then they're just interested in the player and inquired about him, United met with his agent meaning the agent has just been round clubs trying to flog him which we already knew. An napoli aren't doing anything till they sell koulibaly which was obvious to anyone with a brain.

This tweet seems to be more clarification on the recent news that has emerged that arsenal are definitely signing him, United are definitely signing him and that napoli are definitely signing him. Rather that out of all 3 of them arsenal are the only team actively involved and they've only recently made contact.

Although it would of been more reassuring to of had a mention but limited tweet space and napoli, United and arsenal are bigger clubs then us so what do you expect unfortunately.

Our name isnt even mentioned anymore.

Stick a fork in this 1.

So Arsenal are "in the race" and have only just now "started talks" despite us being told that earlier it was 100% completed. In other words, lies commenting on other lies. Napoli "interested" but no talks with Lille and Man U no talks with Lille. So of those they are SO interested that only 1 has actually talked to the selling club and that only just started, allegedly.

I have to say, being from the states my first offseason here I took these reports seriously, as any sports journalist who gave out unverified rumors and things that didnt happen would quickly lose their career. Here, its 120 times a day and no one bats an eye, and everyone believes it. Truly amazing.

Remember when United and Lyon wanted mina as well, didn't the Lyon president even come out and say why would he join Everton over LYON?

Just wait and see what happens, I think it may be down to us or arsenal myself

I think the part of this story that needs to be dismissed is this nonsense that he had a medical with us in February. Why would you want to give a player a medical nearly six months before you bought him? For this reason alone I would be dubious about us ever agreeing any deal with Lille for him in February.

Status
Not open for further replies.