Transfer Rumour Moussa Dembele

Status
Not open for further replies.

Groucho

Staff member
Ok gang, going for the first transfer rumour thread of the summer, mainly to mess with journalists who may scan the forum index page without actually reading further. Although it’s reported in the i newspaper so there is a tentative source.

From i; “Former Celtic and Fulham striker Moussa Dembele, without a club after leaving Lyon, is a player of interest.”

Looking at the facts, 26, has Premier League experience, also played in Scotland so won’t be put off by arctic conditions. Free transfer.

Ok gang, going for the first transfer rumour thread of the summer, mainly to mess with journalists who may scan the forum index page without actually reading further.

From i; “The loan market is likely to be a key part of their approach, while free agents are expected to feature. Former Celtic and Fulham striker Moussa Dembele, without a club after leaving Lyon, is a player of interest.”

Looking at the facts, 26, has Premier League experience, also played in Scotland so won’t be put off by arctic conditions. Free transfer.
Also reports that he fainted on the pitch so would be no less mobile than maupay.

I'd genuinely take him and Weghorst. Ship Maupay out, loan the young lads we have and then basically give Calvert Lewin the maximum amount of time to recover from injury and if he can't come back after that then at least we're not without cover.

Dembele and Weghorst for a combined £10m + wages obviously is probably one of the better deals we'll get this summer, especially given some no name strikers like that Beto we were after was quoted at £30m. If we've got <£30m to play with this summer it's probably the smartest thing we could do, get it done early and have them in for Dyche's pre-season so they're ready to go.

I'd genuinely take him and Weghorst. Ship Maupay out, loan the young lads we have and then basically give Calvert Lewin the maximum amount of time to recover from injury and if he can't come back after that then at least we're not without cover.

Dembele and Weghorst for a combined £10m + wages obviously is probably one of the better deals we'll get this summer, especially given some no name strikers like that Beto we were after was quoted at £30m. If we've got <£30m to play with this summer it's probably the smartest thing we could do, get it done early and have them in for Dyche's pre-season so they're ready to go.
How much MORE time do we give DCL, pre-season, whole season, couple of years?

But yes, Dembele should be an option, given our financial firestorm!

How much MORE time do we give DCL, pre-season, whole season, couple of years?

But yes, Dembele should be an option, given our financial firestorm!
Well I'll be honest, going the way we're going I'd be shocked if Calvert Lewin ever makes 20 more appearences in his career. If we have 2 strikers like that in then we'll be able to basically let him sink or swim in the most amount of time. Taking away even feeling bad for the lad, which everyone does, I'd much rather him be allowed to sit on the sidelines for 6 months under no pressure and fix himself rather than trying to rush him back every 6 weeks and him breaking down.

We can't keep doing this DCL charade every season.

Find perma replacement for him. DCL can be his backup.

Status
Not open for further replies.