Transfer Rumour Gabriel (Lille)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Arsenal are "in the race" and have only just now "started talks" despite us being told that earlier it was 100% completed. In other words, lies commenting on other lies. Napoli "interested" but no talks with Lille and Man U no talks with Lille. So of those they are SO interested that only 1 has actually talked to the selling club and that only just started, allegedly.

I have to say, being from the states my first offseason here I took these reports seriously, as any sports journalist who gave out unverified rumors and things that didnt happen would quickly lose their career. Here, its 120 times a day and no one bats an eye, and everyone believes it. Truly amazing.

The problem is mate, a lot of them aren't even journalists, they're just kids on twitter posting rumours.

Have to take it all with a pinch of salt either way

As said before, same agent as Malcom!
Happy to have talks with us (a club thats finished between 8th & 12th the last 4 seasons and had no europe)
But will not agree anything as there are bound to be better offers out there, we are literally a last resort!

I think maybe we need to take a step back and maybe be abit more savvy with our targets, we are trying to sign CL ready players with no European football/

Southampton just bought a centre back who has the potential to be good for 10 million, basically had 0 competition for his signature!
Do we need to go for players the tier below?

As said before, same agent as Malcom!
Happy to have talks with us (a club thats finished between 8th & 12th the last 4 seasons and had no europe)
But will not agree anything as there are bound to be better offers out there, we are literally a last resort!

I think maybe we need to take a step back and maybe be abit more savvy with our targets, we are trying to sign CL ready players with no European football/

Southampton just bought a centre back who has the potential to be good for 10 million, basically had 0 competition for his signature!
Do we need to go for players the tier below?

Sometimes yes. We should be finding the talent, not signing them once they are all already established. Otherwise what's the point of a DOF and scouting team.

We also need to be prepared for windows rather than hoping for the best.

Agents must love the leverage they have now that they can use social media to blag their way to better deals.

About 20 different news "sources" all claiming this club or that club, deal or no deal, terms agreed or not etc.

It's all part of the ludicrous 24 hour transfer circus that sky sports and the tabloids invented to get us hooked on their "itk" info.

If it was certain that Gabriel was going to Arsenal, that Orstein fellow would have mentioned it as he seems to get proper info from the club.

There's still hope we can sign him and this is all just about getting a lucrative contract.

Corriere dello sport any use? Haven't paid attention to Italian papers since James Richardson used to read headlines out on football italia on channel 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.