Full Capacity Stadiums set to be allowed in England for new season

Is it time to open the stadiums at full capacity?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

When you buy food, especially from a supermarket, you do not know how many people have touched that packet before, and maybe one of them had Covid.
Unless you stop this and other cases of contamination, what is the point of continuing with lockdowns?

The Lancet letter signed by a battery of scientists has stated regarding re-openings: "We believe the government is embarking on a dangerous and unethical experiment, and we call on it to abandon mitigation on July 19th, 2021".

I'd like to think that Everton FC would pay heed to that and not be a facilitator to that 'experiment'.

I'm also an advocate of not reopening fully on July 19th. It does seem mad, especially when we're only a few weeks away from everyone being offered a 2nd dose. But tbf... the opening game is August 14th. Just over a month away, things could change for the better or worse in that time. I'm quite sure if it's abundantly clear that it's going to mean thousands are going to be infected in a full capacity stadium, then both the club and the league will make the necessary actions.

When you buy food, especially from a supermarket, you do not know how many people have touched that packet before, and maybe one of them had Covid.
Unless you stop this and other cases of contamination, what is the point of continuing with lockdowns?
Food companies are increasingly looking at anti microbial packaging that will eliminate this, some already probably have it, it’s similar to what is being seen on supermarket trolleys also. All that being said tho it’s a far way off from being common place. Lockdowns are to restrict human to human infections and limit the number of people we interact with.

I'm also an advocate of not reopening fully on July 19th. It does seem mad, especially when we're only a few weeks away from everyone being offered a 2nd dose. But tbf... the opening game is August 14th. Just over a month away, things could change for the better or worse in that time. I'm quite sure if it's abundantly clear that it's going to mean thousands are going to be infected in a full capacity stadium, then both the club and the league will make the necessary actions.
Almost certain there will be more infections as stadiums are allowed to be filled. I’ve renewed my season ticket but I’m having second thoughts on whether I want to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.