Match Thread Fulham v Everton; Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The players didn't work hard enough today. Everything else comes from that. There's been too many games this season where players have coasted. It's a mental weakness but clearly the manager is soft with them too in allowing the standards to fluctuate so much in one week.
I'd like to think they'll get a proper reaming from Silva, but I suspect not.

As has already been said that was just entirely predictable today. Massive chance to gain ground on the teams above and we totally ‘Evertoned’ it. Although I like the talk of bringing in younger players with high talent we still need a horrible nasty enforcer who will chop people going past and bollock anyone not pulling their weight. Someone should have smashed into Mitrovic and that Iguissa early doors rather than let them have it all their own way all afternoon.

What a pile of steaming ...........,.the players didn’t even have the decency to come over at the end of the game and acknowledge the full away end.

Gutless and pathetic.

What a pile of steaming ...........,.the players didn’t even have the decency to come over at the end of the game and acknowledge the full away end.

Gutless and pathetic.

Dont worry though you have Jags already looking forward to next week's game etc o_O

We’ll dust ourselves down and look forward to the United game and hopefully put in a similar performance to our recent ones at home.

Against Fulham, we didn’t have a great start to the game, and we didn’t get back [to our levels].

"They came out of the blocks fast, like we were expecting.

“They were at home and, with the relegation, I think it freed them up a little bit. We just didn’t get any momentum in the game.”

Got bullied by their centre forward
DCL will never be good enough. His decision making is poor.

Passing from our midfield was terrible. Too many guess balls to the Front players.
Midfield shocking and too one paced. Also not aggressive enough

Basically a truly abject display. If Fulham played that way throughout the season they would be a premiership team still. Mind you they can’t play us every week!

On Siggy I really fail to see what he contributes. Doesn’t get on the ball enough and is a waste of a shirt

Maybe we're underestimating Silva, this was probably a genius ploy to derail any possibility of having to play europa in summer, thus giving us a clear run at the title next season......?

Maybe we're underestimating Silva, this was probably a genius ploy to derail any possibility of having to play europa in summer, thus giving us a clear run at the title next season......?
If anyone can make a “genius ploy” it won’t be Silva, he gets hypnotised into inertia when we go a goal down.

Not long in from this. That was truly terrible - not one player gave anything like a decent performance, and, what's worse, they didn't appeared to be at all bothered. If he'd put out a totally different side from the one that beat Arsenal they wouldn't have done any worse, and would probably have been a lot hungrier. It's easy to get fired up for these siren-driven games against Arsenal and Chelsea, but ones like today are the games which really should be formalities. Quite depressing when we looked to have built up a decent springboard for next season. Fulham deserved the win, despite their gamesmanship. Given that that will probably be the biggest away crowd of the season (given the amount of Evertonians in the "neutral" end), that was a poor show; this was the sort of performance I'd hoping we'd put behind us. If he hadn't built up a bit of credit over the past few games, that'd be a sacking result/performance.

Difficult to pick the worst player today.
A good few candidates - notably Coleman, Gueye, Gomes, Bernard, Siggy and DCL - but yet again Richarlison was truly woeful and he takes the 'honour'.
Absolute stinkhouses to a man.

Status
Not open for further replies.