Match Thread Fulham v Everton; Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Inconsistency kills you in this league and we're consistently inconsistent. A decent manager helps but higher quality players help more. You can't be up there challenging if you don't have enough decent quality players, when one of your best has an injury or an off day then there's not enough quality to keep the levels up.
Building a decent team with high quality is not easy, keeping those high quality players as you build even harder. Where a big name manager helps is that he can attract the quality and generally keep them. But the club need to be on board with that and not willing to sell the cow for beans.

I've read the club comments and it's the usual media comments keeping fans on board. Actions speak louder and we need to start seeing action. We're being distracted with other things purposely to keep us from really seeing what is going on, in my opinion. When more wake up maybe we might see a change.

Very predictable result, Fulham have done us over too many times at Craven Cottage.

... I'd agree in the Moyes' era, but our recent record against them down there had actually been decent. Our last league defeat down there prior to today was 2009, between 2009 and 2019 we'd won two / drawn two.

Arrogance and complacency. I suspect the players believed - based on form- thought it would be easy and subsequently didn't need to put the necessary shift in.

Agree. If you watch us v Arsenal and then immediately watch the Fulham game, it's amazing to think this was the same team. There was little of the same hunger, fight, constant harrying and closing down of the opposition. I thought our passing yesterday was terrible too, Andre Gomes and Gueye went from worldbeaters to League One standard.

Still struggling to understand why Silva picked Jags over a fit Keane. Getting a six-yard tap-in should not be the reason to stay in the XI for another week ahead of a superior player.

Feel sad for Jags that potentially Evertonians' last memory of him was getting bullied over the pitch by a big Serbian centre-forward. Would have been nicer if he had bowed out on a high after getting the winning goal against a top-six team.

Agree. If you watch us v Arsenal and then immediately watch the Fulham game, it's amazing to think this was the same team. There was little of the same hunger, fight, constant harrying and closing down of the opposition. I thought our passing yesterday was terrible too, Andre Gomes and Gueye went from worldbeaters to League One standard.

Still struggling to understand why Silva picked Jags over a fit Keane. Getting a six-yard tap-in should not be the reason to stay in the XI for another week ahead of a superior player.

Feel sad for Jags that potentially Evertonians' last memory of him was getting bullied over the pitch by a big Serbian centre-forward. Would have been nicer if he had bowed out on a high after getting the winning goal against a top-six team.
Your remarks about the çlosing down and energy are of the most concern.Silva obviously has a pattern of play but can't get his players to enact it over a period of time.

Everton 2 Chelsea 0; West Ham 0 Everton 2; Everton 1 Arsenal 0 - are we on a roll?

No - normal service will be restored as soon as possible; Fulham 2 Everton 0.

Well, I'm committed to next season now. What will it bring? One or two new names? What we really need is a firmer resolve.

I get the impression no team wants to finish in 6th place and start their Europa League campaign in July. Leicester lose on Friday night, then 2 teams who could overhaul them (Everton and Wolves) lose the following day. I also feel that our manager at the end of last season targeted 8th place, and didn't want to pass Burnley. Their form this season explains why.

Inconsistency kills you in this league and we're consistently inconsistent. A decent manager helps but higher quality players help more. You can't be up there challenging if you don't have enough decent quality players, when one of your best has an injury or an off day then there's not enough quality to keep the levels up.
Building a decent team with high quality is not easy, keeping those high quality players as you build even harder. Where a big name manager helps is that he can attract the quality and generally keep them. But the club need to be on board with that and not willing to sell the cow for beans.

I've read the club comments and it's the usual media comments keeping fans on board. Actions speak louder and we need to start seeing action. We're being distracted with other things purposely to keep us from really seeing what is going on, in my opinion. When more wake up maybe we might see a change.
It’s not often the whole team has an off day though is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.