Match Thread Fulham v Everton; Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d say beating these would be more of an indicator than beating Arsenal as historically we’d bottle this. If Silva has a promising future we’ll win.
Beating Arsenal & Chelsea, and even the RS draw are far more significant than the outcome of this game. If anyone thinks there will be no hiccups along the way, they're delusional. The general trajectory appears to be upwards. Great. We don't need to set every game up as a must win. In saying that, I fully expect to spank their bare botties. But I suppose that's the point. I haven't really felt like that about any opposition for a long time, so we're obviously doing something right!

All the players have to do is not become complacent thinking we just have to turn up to a team with 13 from 15 defeats or 9 in a row,and we win,The harder games are always the so called games you are expected to win,There will be hardly anyone thinking Fulham win or even a draw from normal other teams supporters to the experts,saying that sticking to 3-1 Everton win lol

Beating Arsenal & Chelsea, and even the RS draw are far more significant than the outcome of this game. If anyone thinks there will be no hiccups along the way, they're delusional. The general trajectory appears to be upwards. Great. We don't need to set every game up as a must win. In saying that, I fully expect to spank their bare botties. But I suppose that's the point. I haven't really felt like that about any opposition for a long time, so we're obviously doing something right!

Well you’ve just backed up my point; you’re expecting us to win so if we do that’s a change in fortunes for Everton under Silva. If we lose then nothing has changed.

Well you’ve just backed up my point; you’re expecting us to win so if we do that’s a change in fortunes for Everton under Silva. If we lose then nothing has changed.
The change from incessantly losing to top teams to taking them on, beating them, heck even out-playing them at times is immense. A lot has changed.
"If Silva has a promising future we’ll win." I suppose this is what I'm most disagreeing with. I fully understand it - we've been Evertoned too many times to believe that the future is rosy. However, Silva has done enough for me to put a bit of faith in him for the next few games without knee-jerking if we lose to Fulham.

Washed up relic from a long forgotten era.

@chicoazul
That maybe so, and some days its not too much of a stretch to put Everton (I know it winds some up which is why etc) in the same boat...which is his whole point and, in his own inimitable (long) manner sums up how I woke up this fine morn

My short version
Sometimes relegated teams play without fear or pressure.
Sometimes teams start believing their own hype

And heaven forbid they field a player who hasn't scored for 37mths.

Adds, the usual...'just sayin like' proviso

Beat these and it's between us and Leicester for 7th.

7th is good. Not as in it's where we should aim, but it represents improvement. The ability to bring in players whilst we're in Europe, etc.

I'm not sure about Silva, actually I'm sure. I don't want him there. But I said the same about Gareth Southgate so I'm happy to be proved wrong when it comes to a team I love. Do it blues.

Status
Not open for further replies.