2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whether you like it or not Frank is a massive pull for potential signings. He is internationally , nay globally, recognised as one of the very best midfielders of his generation.....and rightly so. Aspiring players want to be associated with him.

I’m 100% of the view that we need to give Frank the time to build something from the crock of absolute dross he inherited. I don’t want to hear ‘Lampard Out’ when we inevitably lose a few games including cup exits to lower league teams.we need to stick with a manager for a change and Frank is the one.
If this Board or a section of the fans turn turtle then we need to make them aware that the vast majority of fans want him to be afforded the time to turn this crock of crap into something good.
Good post, those who criticise his performance in keeping us up last season seem to forget he only arrived in January. Any of us who start a new job need time to settle and get to know the set up. He did this.

In respect of recruiting a striker this window, it is widely reported and almost certainly true that we need to pay over the length of the contract. Many clubs will not be happy with this hence we have no deal and are choices become limited

Lampard is in the unenviable position of having to develop the team against a backdrop of restricted finances. The reasons for that do not lie at his door.

Totally agree that he needs to be given time without constant kneejerk reaction on the back of 1 or 2 bad results.

Right now? Digne hasnt been good for 2 years,, he was even poor under Carlo, Ask Villa fans what they think, we rinsed them for a player with a poor attitude and replaced him with a player with a brilliant attitude, a bigger goal threat and a better defender.
Okay. I've had a chance to look at that Villa forum now. They have a thread on Digne that is over 100 pages but I just looked at the last few which went back to June. He apparently had a crap game last week and there were 4 posts saying this. There were also a few posts criticising him for a dangerous tackle he did in pre season. But apart from that the posts were for the most part very positive about him. They clearly like him. There was also a link to a Twitter feed from his birthday with about 40 replies on (quite a few from Everton fans too which shows our regard for him) and not a single one was negative.

Bottom line is that it doesn't reflect a fan base that is disappointed with his signing. Quite the opposite in fact. And from a fan base that is as notoriously critical as our own is. Why do you make things up just to prove a point, when it can be so easily checked. Your defence of all things Benitez is embarrassing mate.

Anyway this thread is supposed to be about our current manager not our old one so I'll leave it there. Looking forward to the coming season and i'm sure Mykolenko will play a big part in it.

It's not just based on some interviews though is it. Or did you miss last season?

Keeping us up when we were pretty much dead certs to go down was his doing.
We shouldn’t have been near the bottom in the first place though. A better manager has us higher in the table in the first place.

I like Frank, I’ve said it time and time again. But this Fan Worship of him is Kopite behaviour. Fella has achieved nothing as a manager. Yet! I will still back him but let’s judge him end of this season now he has some of his own players

We shouldn’t have been near the bottom in the first place though. A better manager has us higher in the table in the first place.

I like Frank, I’ve said it time and time again. But this Fan Worship of him is Kopite behaviour. Fella has achieved nothing as a manager. Yet! I will still back him but let’s judge him end of this season now he has some of his own players
But he's OUR manager. So this attitude of 'wait and see' is bollocks. He needs unconditional backing from the fans.

We were down there because of a different manager. Or did you not watch last season

?‍♂️

Status
Not open for further replies.