2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
But he was our top scorer and we sold him and haven’t bought a replacement?
We are clearly looking though.

Our finance restrictions and sheer scale of what was needed impact the way we are doing business. We can’t pay inflated prices to get players in early or we won’t be able to cover all the needs.

Essentially, we are picking up players when the opportunity arises for a bargain. This increases the closer we get to deadline day.

And yet Benitez had Richarlison available more often than not. Lampard won’t have that luxury even for one game this season.
Benitez and Richie are gone. I think we all understand that our abysmal season was not just down to Benitez or Lampard, it was a combination of years of inept recruitment, terrible injury list, perhaps physio dept lacking. Whatever it is history and it appears the powers, or power that is Moshiri have finally left the football to football people.
Lampard seems to have a good team of people surrounding him so let us hope we go onwards and upwards. It appears to be quite positive. First time Kendall won the league our start was not good, second half of the season did it. Not saying we will do anything of the sort, but I think we can have a solid season to build upon when he has settled his team. Lampard is well worth supporting.

We are clearly looking though.

Our finance restrictions and sheer scale of what was needed impact the way we are doing business. We can’t pay inflated prices to get players in early or we won’t be able to cover all the needs.

Essentially, we are picking up players when the opportunity arises for a bargain. This increases the closer we get to deadline day.
Are we? It’s clearly not a priority to the hierarchy. If it was, a striker would have been in instead of the £55m was spent on McNeil and Onana. Seems to me a unified decision was made to improve other areas in team

Are we? It’s clearly not a priority to the hierarchy. If it was, a striker would have been in instead of the £55m was spent on McNeil and Onana. Seems to me a unified decision was made to improve other areas in team
The links to Guirassy, Adams, Maupay, Ajorque etc suggests we are

Mate all areas needed enhancing..........defence and midfield was priority as it was weak and easily overrun. DCL got an unfortunate injury the week commencing the season and has put a spoke in things as Rondon was suspended. They always say in footy build from the back and we have. We are actively looking for a forward but cannot get a ready made top level striker due to the restrictions upon us. Personally think we have done well thus far with new players and we know more are due.
Because all areas needed strengthening supporters would have been moaning where ever we started. If we got a striker in then it would have been 'But we need defenders'. I feel we have tried to strengthen in the right areas first but the unfortunate injury to DCL has exasperated the situation. We are looking and will get someone or some more in.

Whether you like it or not Frank is a massive pull for potential signings. He is internationally , nay globally, recognised as one of the very best midfielders of his generation.....and rightly so. Aspiring players want to be associated with him.

I’m 100% of the view that we need to give Frank the time to build something from the crock of absolute dross he inherited. I don’t want to hear ‘Lampard Out’ when we inevitably lose a few games including cup exits to lower league teams.we need to stick with a manager for a change and Frank is the one.
If this Board or a section of the fans turn turtle then we need to make them aware that the vast majority of fans want him to be afforded the time to turn this crock of crap into something good.

All the positions strengthened have been a priority. For me, CM and CB were bigger problems than striker until DCL injury.

We are bringing players in when we see value. We can’t overpay. There are simply too many positions to strengthen.

All the positions strengthened have been a priority. For me, CM and CB were bigger problems than striker until DCL injury.

We are bringing players in when we see value. We can’t overpay. There are simply too many positions to strengthen.
I could be wrong here but wasn’t the Onana deal done after DCL confirmed injury?

Really hope we get a striker in otherwise the board and Thelwell have a lot of explaining to do

I could be wrong here but wasn’t the Onana deal done after DCL confirmed injury?

Really hope we get a striker in otherwise the board and Thelwell have a lot of explaining to do
I think it’s pretty obvious that we are now turning our attention to a striker. The Onana deal; we were chasing him all summer and simply waited for Lille to show their hand, which they did with West Ham. He was clearly a priority

The club, IMO, should have prioritised a striker ahead of McNeil. That being said, we don’t know what they were being told my other clubs with regards to targets, for all we know they could have had a player that they thought was wrapped up, only to be pulled

I’m sure it’s a minefield trying to negotiate for players. West Ham can attest to this with Onana

Status
Not open for further replies.