Dele: 0
Gueye doesn't play for us
Mcneil: 4m
Patterson - pre lampard
Myko - pre lampard
Tarks - free
Coady - loan
Vinagre - loan
Onana - what, 8m upfront? Less than that?

Not one to defend that Rafael idiot, but the transfer deals dont really reflect the value attached to the players.

Its like saying that I pay £1000 pm to pay for a £40000 car, but its worth £1000.

Just an observation. Happy with Lampard. Happy with signings. Happy with the deals.

In case you wanna laugh, here’s our old mate Chesney after we signed Onana

Imagine thinking I'm a big sports fan and I'm totally ready to get behind something or someone. I could pick a team and have the longevity of supporting them over many seasons but I prefer the individual. A natural home might be Serena Williams, Tysoe Fury or Lewis Hamilton.

But no, sod it, I'm going big on a portly manager without notable success in the last decade.

I actually relate. I'm a huge Barry Fry fan.

Right now? Digne hasnt been good for 2 years,, he was even poor under Carlo, Ask Villa fans what they think, we rinsed them for a player with a poor attitude and replaced him with a player with a brilliant attitude, a bigger goal threat and a better defender.
Disagree and I'm getting ready to go out so haven't time to look at villa forums. However I did have a very quick look at one called Villa Talk to see if they had a thread on Digne, and the two first posts I saw both wanted Gerrard sacked if we beat them tomorrow.

No different from GOT really lol

Ive just finished listening to Frank on the High Performance Podcast, it’s a follow up from his first interview with them from 2 years ago when he was then manager of Chelsea. In the first one he came over as a bright , articulate young manager. He’s still the same in the recent one , but you can hear how his thinking has changed in those two years, things he’s learned from his time at Chelsea that he got wrong then and his philosophy now. He really is an impressive, thinking manager who’s going to get better and better ……hopefully with us.

Disagree and I'm getting ready to go out so haven't time to look at villa forums. However I did have a very quick look at one called Villa Talk to see if they had a thread on Digne, and the two first posts I saw both wanted Gerrard sacked if we beat them tomorrow.

No different from GOT really lol
That's amazing haha

I banged on all last season about how injuries were killing us and Benitez might have done better if he’d had Mina Docuoure Richarlison DCL available to him more often. I then said in the second half of the season that they’re killing Lampard, as they are now because once again we’re without our best CB and best forward for a period of time

Yet when Benitez was here you expected Everton managers to just get results anyway without their best players, and now you’re saying Lampard can’t be expected to without DCL available.

Bit hypocritical isn’t it? Injuries either impact a managers ability to get results or they should be expected to get results regardless of them, which is it?

I expect the club to replace our top scorer from last season, it has absolutely nothing to do with DCL.

I expect the club to replace our top scorer from last season, it has absolutely nothing to do with DCL.

Well it does because the only reason he was our top scorer was because DCL was missing with injury all season. Richarlison was nowhere near his best in the first half of the season due to fatigue and injury, it was only once he was back from injury and fully rested he played himself back into top form in the last quarter of the season.

Been impressed by his business this window, plus the Chelsea game showed signs of what he’s worked on in pre season regarding the way we were playing through the lines. I think if we can add in Gana and a striker it’ll have been a excellent window all things considered

Well it does because the only reason he was our top scorer was because DCL was missing with injury all season. Richarlison was nowhere near his best in the first half of the season due to fatigue and injury, it was only once he was back from injury and fully rested he played himself back into top form in the last quarter of the season.

But he was our top scorer and we sold him and haven’t bought a replacement?

But he was our top scorer and we sold him and haven’t bought a replacement?

He’s in the same predicament Benitez was, going into league games without a suitable striking option far too often. He has the exact same options available to him except the additions of Dele and McNeill.

We need the bring a striker in.

He’s in the same predicament Benitez was, going into league games without a suitable striking option far too often. He has the exact same options available to him except the additions of Dele and McNeill.

We need the bring a striker in.

And yet Benitez had Richarlison available more often than not. Lampard won’t have that luxury even for one game this season.

And yet Benitez had Richarlison available more often than not. Lampard won’t have that luxury even for one game this season.

No, he’ll have DCL instead who scores basically the same amount. He’ll also have whatever backup striker we’ll probably bring in.

Both situations are not great and are unfair on both managers. You seem to want to treat both situations as though they’re completely different though.

It’s harder for managers to win games without their best players, that was true for Benitez, it’s true for Lampard, it’s true for every manager.

No, he’ll have DCL instead who scores basically the same amount. He’ll also have whatever backup striker we’ll probably bring in.

Both situations are not great and are unfair on both managers. You seem to want to treat both situations as though they’re completely different though.

It’s harder for managers to win games without their best players, that was true for Benitez, it’s true for Lampard, it’s true for every manager.

To be clear, I’m squarely blaming the board and DOF for not replacing our top goalscorer from last season. I don’t understand how you’re finding the energy to argue against that.

Status
Not open for further replies.