2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
If your team isnt doing the basics it's the managers fault, period. If theyre not following his instructions they get dropped and include someone who does. Unless you're saying, from 1-11, theyre not following instructions?. That is also on the manager if so.
He has shown he can’t drop players, Gray/Gordon/McNeil all spent time on the bench already

I’m not sure what much else he can do other than using a formation that drops wingers entirely

A combination of Thelwell and Kenwright by all accounts.

I seem to recall many credit the new signings with Lampard/Thelwell as a joint partnership earlier in the season when things were going well.

Its funny how when we win - its down to Lampard

When a new signing is good - its down to Lampard

When we lose - its down to the players

When our new signings turn out crap - its down to the DOF / Chairman

Unbelievable hypocrisy from some fans.

@ForeverBlue92 has not once demanded his heed since Feb despite taking us into the relegation spots and currently winning just 3 in the last 16 league games. If thats not backing the manager then what is ?

The one thing I haven't done is drink the Lampard Kool Aid that he "gets us" he's "one of us" because he isn't - he's a rich southern Tory and we're to the main working class northerners. I'm just keeping it real he's not the messiah either in management or outside of football that his acolytes seem to paint him as.
Taking cheap digs at him, calling him Fronk, Frankel and the lame Tory shouts. And what’s with the egotistical 3rd person and faux Scottish stuff?

We were warned about Frank Lampard Defensively before he got here.....

Average Goals conceded per game
Everton 1.50
Chelsea 1.38
Derby 1.40
Across all clubs 1.41

It isn`t just here, its something that follows him about no matter the level of player or competition.

I seem to recall many credit the new signings with Lampard/Thelwell as a joint partnership earlier in the season when things were going well.

No, our DoF will pick the targets after talking to Lampard about what he needs then Blue Bill does the negotiations as he still insists on being involved with everything. That is how it has always worked, ignore anything else.

100% Bang On!

No, our DoF will pick the targets after talking to Lampard about what he needs then Blue Bill does the negotiations as he still insists on being involved with everything. That is how it has always worked, ignore anything else.

I've said from day one Thelwell is in charge of the signings.

But certain fans disagreed with me on that when things were looking rosey and claiming Lampard should take joint credit but now all of a sudden many have done a U Turn on that when results/performances went downhill...

THERE'S NOTHING WRONG WITH THE SQUAD

Stop blaming the squad. In reality there is very little on paper between teams 8-18 in the league. It's all about playing together as a team to your strengths, and having a manager who can get the most out of the players at his disposal. Stop moaning about the lack of effectiveness of our attack, or the impotence of the midfield. They look that way because the manager doesn't have any coherent stratetgy to mold his players around.

We just made Bournemouth look world class over the last 3 hours of football, and if you had ask most football people at the start of the season who had the better players most people would have said Everton.

Even if you look at Newcastle under Eddie Howe that no blue wanted. They've spent a lot of money but their team on paper is not that good. Their big signing Isak has been injured for months and Saint Maxim has been out for months as well.

This was their team yesterday that beat Chelsea and is set for CL qualification.
Nick Pope - back up to Pickford for England, lucky if he's 3rd choice
Trippier - good RB but wouldn't go to the World Cup if not for other injuries
Schar - solid CB but so is Tarkowski
Botman - same
Dan Burn - journeyman
Longstaff - looked to be signing for Everton last year with loads of blues turning their noses up at him
Guimares - quality player
Willock - half decent midfielder
Almiron - couldn't hit a barn door for years
Joelinton - another player who was a joke figure under Bruce
Chris Wood - Championship player

Good management makes a difference. He's struggling now but Moyes took a West Ham team heading for relegation into the top 6 and a Europa League semi with more or less the same players.

Status
Not open for further replies.