2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lampard is gaslighting them, I reckon their Tory boy could talk them in to voting for Rishi!

One of the criticism of Martinez is that he would try to convince you the game they just played was "Phenominal" when it was far from it.... Same thing with Lampard, tries to make out the performances were as bad as they were. We are watching Allardyce football getting nowhere near the PPG Allardyce got yet he was hounded out, quite happy to sack him wasn`t everyone.

But not Tory boy Frank who is far far worse..... No style, no substance....

If Frank doesn`t go in this break he will inevitably go when it is too late or we will be at our most desperate the best candidates aren`t available.

I know ToffeeTim has me on egnore (because he fears that I'll have ribbed him over his U Turn over Saint Fronk) but I actually give him props for calling it as it is and reacting to the actual results not the managers waffle.

I've backed Lampard since he took over in Feb 2022 but he lost my support yesterday and im not going to continue wishing the club gives him time as he doesn't deserve it on the whole.

The problem is fans are too obsessed with Benitez to open their eyes to whats going on currently with a statistically worse manager - their obsession with the last manager and wanting to be proven right will see us relegated this season imo.

Attack is a major issue and defensively I think the shape is all wrong.

We can't press high with Coady and Tarkowski, but we can't just sit deep and be passive either.

It's a mess.
Yeah, I personally don't think the squad is set right for a high press game so I'm not sure why it is persisted with. Leicester properly exploited it and kept turning us around and exposing Tarkowski and Coady on the counter. Mind you, our pressing looks dysfunctional which probably makes us easier to play against.

If anything we'd be better sitting deeper as a counter attacking (at a push) unit but we are dreadful with the ball so waste any chance of incisive breaks. Well, our two pacey wingers / wide forwards are certainly (Gordon & Gray). And for that reason we certainly can't be a patient possession based team.

Depressing ain't it?

I know ToffeeTim has me on egnore (because he fears that I'll have ribbed him over his U Turn over Saint Fronk) but I actually give him props for calling it as it is and reacting to the actual results not the managers waffle.

I've backed Lampard since he took over in Feb 2022 but he lost my support yesterday and im not going to continue wishing the club gives him time as he doesn't deserve it on the whole.

The problem is fans are too obsessed with Benitez to open their eyes to whats going on currently with a statistically worse manager - their obsession with the last manager and wanting to be proven right will see us relegated this season imo.
That last paragraph is hauntingly true

I'd fed up of people from the Manager down saying "It's not good enough". Totally sick of it.

Not good enough is losing two games in a row. The display we've seen over the Frank's entire tenure is s not just "not good enough," it's entirely unacceptable.

II's nowhere even close to acceptable. This attitude of continually dragging ourselves down, labelling the unacceptable as not good enough, the not good enough as accceptable, and the acceptable as "success" is what has systematically lowered our standards and dragged us to being a League 1 level club over the last 2 decades.
Good post, that’s called the Bill Kenwright effect!

Has us creaming over a 3-0 win over Palace at home

Has us dreaming of a trip to Wembley (not winning anything but just getting there)

Has strangled us for years, has us buzzing because we’re 4-5 games unbeaten!

Yeah, I personally don't think the squad is set right for a high press game so I'm not sure why it is persisted with. Leicester properly exploited it and kept turning us around and exposing Tarkowski and Coady on the counter. Mind you, our pressing looks dysfunctional which probably makes us easier to play against.

If anything we'd be better sitting deeper as a counter attacking (at a push) unit but we are dreadful with the ball so waste any chance of incisive breaks. Well, our two pacey wingers / wide forwards are certainly (Gordon & Gray). And for that reason we certainly can't be a patient possession based team.

Depressing ain't it?
We tried to press Leicester but Dewsbury-Hall had the freedom of Goodison Park because we had no clue what we were doing.

Very different side this year. Some of the worst culprits have been Lampard signings. Tuesday night was entirely his fault for picking all last year's players.

He changed the dynamics of the midfield for no reason and the results have been shocking. I dont get it.

Yesterday he didn't name a left sided player on the bench and we had to play Coleman at left back. Its small things like that. Basic errors.
He’s trying to make changes to get results, they players aren’t/haven’t shown enough. You can’t just solely keep blaming the manager when professional players can’t do basics

You haven’t backed him at all

He’s trying to make changes to get results, they players aren’t/haven’t shown enough. You can’t just solely keep blaming the manager when professional players can’t do basics
If your team isnt doing the basics it's the managers fault, period. If theyre not following his instructions they get dropped and include someone who does. Unless you're saying, from 1-11, theyre not following instructions?. That is also on the manager if so.

His job is to recognise what the players can't do, and then create a system that leans into what they can do.

The most pertinent example being that the team has played better with Onana playing alongside Gueye than it has him playing in some bizarre inside left position where he offers very little and the midfield gets bypassed with ease.

You haven’t backed him at all

@ForeverBlue92 has not once demanded his heed since Feb despite taking us into the relegation spots and currently winning just 3 in the last 16 league games. If thats not backing the manager then what is ?

The one thing I haven't done is drink the Lampard Kool Aid that he "gets us" he's "one of us" because he isn't - he's a rich southern Tory and we're to the main working class northerners. I'm just keeping it real he's not the messiah either in management or outside of football that his acolytes seem to paint him as.

Status
Not open for further replies.