2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem is fans are too obsessed with Benitez to open their eyes to whats going on currently with a statistically worse manager - their obsession with the last manager and wanting to be proven right will see us relegated this season
This is true this, clubs evolve, yesterday hero is today's loser, you can't survive on past glories and just because your a more likable person.
We're sleep walking to relegation and some are turning a blind eye becuase they like the manager, I like Frank myself, but I like Everton being in the premier league a lot more.

Why do people keep using last season in with this one? Make the stats sound worse?

The only thing from last season he did was galvanise a side on the floor and get them kicking and screaming over the line. That team doesn't exist anymore.

This is an entirely new side that he's had 16 games with.
Are you kidding me....

If I didn`t use last season the stats would be even worse! Lampard has us 4 points behind where Rafael did at this time last season and Rafael signed Townsend, Gray, Begovic and Rondon, dont forget he never had the use of Mykolenko and Patterson as Lampard has. Who has Lampard signed? Coady, Tarkowski, McNeil, Maupay, Onana, Gueye, Garner, Vinagre and we are doing worse... WORSE!

Was the old players you have been trying to chase out the issue?

It’s funny how when we’re doing well it’s because Kev Thelwell is doing bits and brought in boss players

Yet when we’re doing badly it’s because Lampard is crap and brought in loads of crap players

Funny.
If some people didn't have shameless double standards, they'd have absolutely no standards at all. Whatever suits the narrative, I guess.

So called fans turning on lampard and the players now, just like they did with the 27yearscampaign supporters when we were just trying to actually make a difference and get rid of this board.

That’s where the anger should be directed, not at Lampard.

You get what you deserve in this life.

Don't think you're in any position to criticise match going fans and the self serving supper bloos can do one.

I mentioned Newcastle before (3rd with a team that isn't all that good on paper and still last season's team) but Brentford and Brighton both doing really well with on paper not good teams. Even Maupay was pretty much an ever present for Brighton in recent seasons and their top scorer, comes here and looks poor. He wasn't brilliant for Brighton but he was a decent PL striker, otherwise we wouldn't have paid 15 mill for him.

in the Carlo season we finished badly and he knew he was going, but it was a well drilled team before then that had us battling for top 4 and in the European places for 90% of that season. We've been badly coached ever since.

I won’t give it a rest, you’re telling me that without having 100+ million spent on players that Newcastle would still be third right now?
Guimaraes joined Newcastle on 30th January, by time he signed they had gained 10 points on us from the time Howe took over. I know this doesn`t suit your narrative but the truth hurts...

Lampard isn`t all you think he is, we could have kept a better performing manager in Benitez but I bet you were out there with your pitchfork. Didn`t matter that we couldn`t sack managers then!

Yeah, I personally don't think the squad is set right for a high press game so I'm not sure why it is persisted with. Leicester properly exploited it and kept turning us around and exposing Tarkowski and Coady on the counter. Mind you, our pressing looks dysfunctional which probably makes us easier to play against.

If anything we'd be better sitting deeper as a counter attacking (at a push) unit but we are dreadful with the ball so waste any chance of incisive breaks. Well, our two pacey wingers / wide forwards are certainly (Gordon & Gray). And for that reason we certainly can't be a patient possession based team.

Depressing ain't it?
Exactly. Our attacking players are so bad that if we just sit deep then we can't get results either. Remember that was the criticism we had earlier this season when we didn't have a striker.

For me, it's definitely got to be looked at as the basis, but whatever happens we need better attackers.

That will be the case if we have Lampard, Dyche or bloody Pochettino.

As pointed out before when everything was rosey Thelwell and Lampard signed the players, when it is as it is now it is just Thelwell....

Make your mind up...
Both of them signed off and both of them deserve criticism if the signings don't work.

My issue with the DoF/wider board etc is that they left the squad desperately short in crucial areas. It wasn't Lampard who decided not to go the first five games of the season without getting a forward in.

THERE'S NOTHING WRONG WITH THE SQUAD

Stop blaming the squad. In reality there is very little on paper between teams 8-18 in the league. It's all about playing together as a team to your strengths, and having a manager who can get the most out of the players at his disposal. Stop moaning about the lack of effectiveness of our attack, or the impotence of the midfield. They look that way because the manager doesn't have any coherent stratetgy to mold his players around.

We just made Bournemouth look world class over the last 3 hours of football, and if you had ask most football people at the start of the season who had the better players most people would have said Everton.
Yeah I mean that's utter drivel.

If he stays is Up to him to solve the problens of this team, his formation has been wrong leaving gana as the only cm while pushing both iwobi and onana further up. On the fence with him now as we still need players to come in as the attack is so bad, but lampard must improve

Say it every time but January is truly massive for us,a playmaker,a wide striker and centre forward,money coming in from sales for Gordon,Mina,Holgate,Keane,I wouldn’t be bothered if we took the dough for Calvert Lewin either,we need to totally restructure our attacking options.

Are you kidding me....

If I didn`t use last season the stats would be even worse! Lampard has us 4 points behind where Rafael did at this time last season and Rafael signed Townsend, Gray, Begovic and Rondon, dont forget he never had the use of Mykolenko and Patterson as Lampard has. Who has Lampard signed? Coady, Tarkowski, McNeil, Maupay, Onana, Gueye, Garner, Vinagre and we are doing worse... WORSE!
This is why that poll is just nonsense, the hissy fitting out cries this stage last season against the manager were OTT but a manager doing worse we shouldn't sacked for no logical reason.

Doing a slightly better job then Mike Walker doesn't justify keeping a job.

Yeah I mean that's utter drivel.

He's right though that outside of 6 or 7 teams there's not much between the rest of the division. 1 or 2 of the promoted sides usually struggle if they're basically a Championship side but other than that it's down to coaching. Recruitment also vital but if some of the players who do well for the likes of Brentford came here they'd do nothing, while players who struggle here would flourish there.

Status
Not open for further replies.