2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has to take some of the blame on this one, I think too much was made on the goal we scored against Palace with it going from back to front and we thought we would try it again today. By all means try but if you knock it around the back and you can't still find forward passes and you're inviting huge pressure then you need to switch to going direct. When we did we looked okay...well as much as okay is when everyone is playing tripe.

Got to be flexible and sometimes you only need a few minutes before you just know it ain't happening and the confidence ebbs away. Hopefully he learns from this.

But you sort of miss the point mate. Which is that he had far bigger resources, so it's not a like for like comparison.

It's like saying Lampard got Chelsea to 3rd, Potter had Brighton 16, 16 then 10. Get Lampard as he will get us to 3rd, which we would kill for. The issue is, you havent factored in the resources available to attain that.
Emery has taken teams to 5 Europa League. Four of those were with Sevilla and Villareal. Clubs of our level.

What has Frank achieved ?

Odd post match interview - I’ll call it out when I see a bad performance, second half v Fulham not good enough but I can’t fault them today.

Surely can’t have thought that was even close to acceptable. Deluded that we could have scored, true, we could have scored a couple but by that standard they could have scored ten!

He defended the board in the summer and willingly took the heat instead of coming out and stating clearly what would happen if we didn't sign a striker. Only got himself to blame when he gets sacked.

He would technically be a free agent now Frank wouldn't he? I'm sure he's got enough left in his legs to last 60 minutes and he'd be our best player and immediately improve us!
I’d definitely put a large wedge on him being our top goal scorer. Might not be able to move but more goal threat than the entire squad put together.

He defended the board in the summer and willingly took the heat instead of coming out and stating clearly what would happen if we didn't sign a striker. Only got himself to blame when he gets sacked.
I thought in a few interviews you could tell he wasn’t happy and repeatedly referenced selling Richarlison and what we lost from the team with him going. He’s not an idiot, we were all looking at the squad and asking where the goals were going to come from - privately he’d have been fuming, worried and known we were going to struggle for enough goals this season.

I thought in a few interviews you could tell he wasn’t happy and repeatedly referenced selling Richarlison and what we lost from the team with him going. He’s not an idiot, we were all looking at the squad and asking where the goals were going to come from - privately he’d have been fuming, worried and known we were going to struggle for enough goals this season.
I totally get that, but he was so cagey with his words and didn't come out like, say a Klopp or Conte, who would have been direct and said it like it was with regards to what would happen. See Conte last week said Spurs need to continue spending in January? Frank knew his head was on the line, and he will get sacked if we go down or are bottom in January. Should have laid it out for all to hear.

Also, isn't it shocking that a player who only scores about 10 goals a season can leave such a huge void in the squad? Shocking in the market yet again. For all our defensive improvements, it's all for nothing right now.

Also, isn't it shocking that a player who only scores about 10 goals a season can leave such a huge void in the squad? Shocking in the market yet again. For all our defensive improvements, it's all for nothing right now.
True but the lack of creativity and quality chances being created was a massive issue last season - he was scoring goals from very little. Takes a top player to do that, he carried our attack and papered over so many cracks. Proper match winning qualify.

Now he’s gone, we’ve still got the lack of creativity, create few chances but don’t have anyone close to his quality who can score a goal from nothing or very little….and it shows.

Think he was criminally underrated by some.

The club seriously insisted on keeping Gordon instead of doing that
Think Gordon's got a lot in the bag, he's just not getting played his best role he can play for the team
Just wander if its a case of Gordon going as far as he can go in this team or whether the team is building to incorporate his strengths.

could see Frank heading to someting like 343
Iwobi Garner Gana Gordon
Myko/Godfrey Tarks Coady

Gordon behind a front 3

Status
Not open for further replies.