2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
With our financial restraint you can only use the tools available we've lost our best player and shored up the back with the little money available, flare players in the midfield and up front cost proper dough. Honestly don't know what the answer is but getting rid next manager will have the same issues .my hope he gets them going like the palace game and we stutter to mid table.

It's 34 points from 32 League games. That isn't one bad result that is almost a season of bad results.

Genuine question here though, Benitez had 19 from 19 (and 1 win in 13/14 or whatever it was). Silva has 14 points from 15 games. I'll exclude Ancelotti, as he is a bona fide top manager (of the calibre I dont think we could attract).

Is that our level currently? 3 out of the last 4 managers, are at or about that level.

Yes we have tightened up the defence. We now only concede 1 goal per game. Unfortunately, that has meant we now score far less than 1 goal per game.
11 scored, 14 conceded.

That has resulted in us winning 3 League games out of 14.
We aren’t efficient going forward , lose the ball and no end result when we do keep the ball puts pressure on midfield far too often and pulls the full backs. Gordon and Gray give too much ball away.

The man was always a ludicrous appointment based on him achieving nothing in his managerial career. He'll take us down unless we get rid.

How can Villa get someone like Emery and Wolves get Lopetegui and we've got this future League Of Their Own captain in charge. The mind boggles.

The man was always a ludicrous appointment based on him achieving nothing in his managerial career. He'll take us down unless we get rid.

How can Villa get someone like Emery and Wolves get Lopetegui and we've got this future League Of Their Own captain in charge. The mind boggles.

Problem is if we'd had got either of them 2 managers and we weren't doing amazing after 2 months you'd probably be crying saying why did we get them as manager

Think Lopetogui has failed in a couple of job, and Emery has struggled outside of Spain. Both are quite big risks.

Genuine question here though, Benitez had 19 from 19 (and 1 win in 13/14 or whatever it was). Silva has 14 points from 15 games. I'll exclude Ancelotti, as he is a bona fide top manager (of the calibre I dont think we could attract).

Is that our level currently? 3 out of the last 4 managers, are at or about that level.
The thing is if we keep appointing managers who average 1 point per game then sooner or later we are going to hit a dip and get relegated. We have to aim higher than that. I have been screaming about Graham Potter for ages on here.

What we need is a progressive coach who has a track record of achievement.

The thing is if we keep appointing managers who average 1 point per game then sooner or later we are going to hit a dip and get relegated. We have to aim higher than that. I have been screaming about Graham Potter for ages on here.

What we need is a progressive coach who has a track record of achievement.

Yes, but the converse may be true, that if we keep sacking managers, we will go down too.

Potter is a good shout, and we obviously wouldn't get Potter now. The issue is though, you look at a Cooper, who may be equivalent, and he spent 200m in the summer, and Forest are cut adrift in 20th. It's a hard league. We dont have much margin of safety.

You also have to factor in, our board and their approach would not be compatible with such a coach.

They are my concerns with it.

You could also make an argument, that Lampard himself is a young progressive coach. As Silva was. It just hasnt worked, for whatever reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.