2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of people will have a go at you for that but your point is not without merit.
Its clutching at straws. Anyone can see they have made us more solid down the middle and midfield isnt the main problem, we are killed down the flanks , Coleman , Mykolenko are weakest links and whether its Gordon/Gray/McNeill we are light

The biggest mistake was signing Tarkowski and Coady.

Yes they are both really solid defenders who have tightened us up immeasurably. However, they condemn us to playing a low defensive line and basically conceding midfield. We have tightened up at the back but are completely toothless.
Glad someone said it. The whole team is disconnected because to keep them connected we have to drop deep and the forwards get isolated but to push up we have to have them step up and they won't do it. Why do we give up so many goals on counters? In part it's because the CBs can't snuff out a counter and just start running backwards. The United goal where Ronaldo scored after one pass from a turnover 80 yards from goal is a great example.

I love the way he inspires the players week in and week out to play with the passion and vigor and vitality of a recently deceased 90 year old.
I wonder are they his well worked and thought out tactics or that of his 100 staff who all look like they need a berocca.
I await with baited breath from the fake cockanee massiv about some excuse or another as to why he can't win games and we are now only 2 points above the drop zone
Sell your keyboard

I agree whole heartedly that we need to improve the forward line. But our midfield did not win anywhere near enough second balls because they weren't a coherent unit. They were disjointed. How many more times do I have to say it. Anyone who knows anything about football must have been watching that tonight thinking that our midfield was a shambles.
Anyone who knows nothing about football could have seen it too.

Glad someone said it. The whole team is disconnected because to keep them connected we have to drop deep and the forwards get isolated but to push up we have to have them step up and they won't do it. Why do we give up so many goals on counters? In part it's because the CBs can't snuff out a counter and just start running backwards. The United goal where Ronaldo scored after one pass from a turnover 80 yards from goal is a great example.
This isnt füsball. Midfields get dragged because of many reasons. Centre backs over compensation of full backs being out of position is one

Its clutching at straws. Anyone can see they have made us more solid down the middle and midfield isnt the main problem, we are killed down the flanks , Coleman , Mykolenko are weakest links and whether its Gordon/Gray/McNeill we are light
Being defensive or being prepared to go toe to toe with opponents is easy.

Finding that middle ground in which you are quite solid at the back but still score goals is more difficult. Having two slow centre backs who love to defend their box makes that so much more difficult.

This isnt füsball. Midfields get dragged because of many reasons. Centre backs over compensation of full backs being out of position is one
Yes and one of the reasons is our centerbacks can't or won't play higher up. Tarkowski ideally wants to go stand on his goalline. Watch how often he ends up there.

Yes they are both really solid defenders who have tightened us up immeasurably. However, they condemn us to playing a low defensive line and basically conceding midfield. We have tightened up at the back but are completely toothless.
There is an argument here to an extent. But its pretty irrelevant because our forward options are so dire. It wouldn't matter how high up the pitch our centre halves squeeze the opposition. Our attackers would still offer next to nothing and break down attacks.

Our centre forward hasnt been fit in about 2 years. Gordon is in awful form and regressing at a worrying rate. Gray is a 1 in 10 player and wouldn't get in the side at any other comparable club. And Mcneil is just not a factor in the final third.

The quality is not there and pushing high up the field doesn't fix that problem.

It’s pretty much the opposite of clutching at straws really, it’s making an honest and unpopular assessment of a situation and highlighting both the pros and cons of it.

I wouldn’t go as far as he did and say they’re the root of the problem, but many people (you are evidently one of them) appear blind to the issues they contribute to.

There is an argument here to an extent. But its pretty irrelevant because our forward options are so dire. It wouldn't matter how high up the pitch our centre halves squeeze the opposition. Our attackers would still offer next to nothing and break down attacks.
You still have to try!

As a manager it is much, much better to play the right way and fail (this is basically what Arteta did for a couple of years at Arsenal and what Ten Hag is doing with United now) because the players aren't it than to use crap tactics in a fleeting pursuit of results.

The team started this year in no real danger of relegation and the tactics should have been much better than last year's dross. It never happened. It started with Frank's disjointed preseason and has continued unabated.

The Lord alone knows where we would be without those two. Absolutely certain relegation fodder without those lads.

I love the way he inspires the players week in and week out to play with the passion and vigor and vitality of a recently deceased 90 year old.
I wonder are they his well worked and thought out tactics or that of his 100 staff who all look like they need a berocca.
I await with baited breath from the fake cockanee massiv about some excuse or another as to why he can't win games and we are now only 2 points above the drop zone
Probably the most embarrassing thing anyones said on here, and that’s compared to FB92’s nonsense

Status
Not open for further replies.