2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
After watching the energy Bournemouth have last night, I fear for us next week, but we simply must get something there.
If this Lopetegui guy turns Wolves around in the New Year, I'm struggling to see 3 teams worse than us in our current form.

Time to wake up and deal with the reality of the situation people. Lampard isn't going anywhere and there isn't anyone who we could realistically replace him with even if he was. So dry your eyes and get on with it.
Oh I’m not crying my eyes out or wetting the bed, I’m just numb watching us these days, we’re just making up the PL numbers, so many teams have overtaken us. The heady days of finishing 7th or 8th seem a distant memory.

Emery has overachieved at several clubs, including two teams in a row guiding them to their first ever promotions to the league above. Almeria had never been in the top flight and he took them up and they finished 8th.

He took over at Valencia and got them to sixth in the league when they were broke and had finished 10th the season before. Then he got them to 3rd two seasons in a row.

What he did at Sevilla will probably never be repeated.

Bit odd to act like Emery is a crazy shout.

It is because we've been here before. What's Emery going to do that doesn't involve heavy investment to play the way he wants just after torpeding a rebuild that's 4months and 14 games old?

This is not bashing the managers, it's about perspective which why the Emery shouts are ridiculous.

Emery is a post Martinez. We've had Silva, Koeman, Ancellotti, Benitez... Champions League winners managing some of the biggest teams and best players in the world...spent £500million and you know what happened? Almost relegated. Common thread? Lasting less that 18 months on average.

Ive always liked Emery. But that ship as sailed.

Go see Villa have a final window ls spending heavy and if they're not top 6 in 12 months...he's gone.

Oh I’m not crying my eyes out or wetting the bed, I’m just numb watching us these days, we’re just making up the PL numbers, so many teams have overtaken us. The heady days of finishing 7th or 8th seem a distant memory.
I've been numb to watching us for years at this point. Lets be honest though, we've just being making up PL numbers since its inception! With maybe two or three exceptions we've done absolutely nothing of note during the entire Premier League era and have at best been mediocre. Its a harsh reality to wake up to but until we as a club start seeing things as they are rather then how we wished they where we can never even begin to rebuild.

Time to wake up and deal with the reality of the situation people. Lampard isn't going anywhere and there isn't anyone who we could realistically replace him with even if he was. So dry your eyes and get on with it.

Not this season I agree (unless we continue to fall down the table).

But the writing is on the wall for him next season imo if he doesn't massivrly improve. You could hear groans at Goodison for the first time under Frankels management yesterday - the honeymoon period of "he's one of us" is starting to come to an end and he'll need to start earning the goodwill which wont be done with winning 1 every 6 or so games.

Emery has taken teams to 5 Europa League. Four of those were with Sevilla and Villareal. Clubs of our level.

What has Frank achieved ?

That's a fair point, and I was going to mention that. However you referenced the EL final at Arsenal which is different.

We do get back to the point of teams in Spain v teams outside of Spain though. Hes not a great English speaker. That's where the risk comes from with Emery, and why there is a risk.

It's also true to say, in the situation we are in, or Villa are in, that that is a worse situation in the league compared to Sevilla or Villareal. So again, some risk there.

He may do very well, and has lots of upside, but there is some risk too.

Inappropriate Behaviour
For starters he can never be one 'of us' because he is an unapologetic tory cumt. He will be gone in 12 months. Fist clenches when we win the odd game do not fool me.

For starters he can never be one 'of us' because he is an unapologetic tory cumt. He will be gone in 12 months. Fist clenches when we win the odd game do not fool me.
Honestly, I don't get the position where politics has something to do with him managing Everton Football Club.

Unless he's a racist, fascist or extremist (of either side), I care what he does in his managerial role, and I'll judge him on that.

I like Lampard and I wish he succeeds, but this job will be a steep learning curve: he's done well at some aspects; he needs to improve at others.

Yesterday, I think he has to shoulder some responsibility for the performance and result, but also the players didn't perform last night too.

I do hope he learned from yesterday that we are not a slow build up type of team. We dont have the players for that sort of style and its easy to play against. It also makes the side lethargic and slow to be ball.

We need to see far more intent in our play and we need to match the opposition for energy.

While Leicester deserved to win yesterday, if Wobes puts his chance away you're then playing against a team who has lost 5 out of 6 away games who are playing against a team who are hard to score against.

If it wasn't for the Tilemans worldie...it's 0.0 at half time. Dom scores his 1 on 1 etc...

We had IMO the biggest chances. Didn't take them (like Wolves did the other week which also needed a Tilemans worldie to kick them off).

Huge part of the puzzle that needs fixing and we have the opportunity to in January.

While Leicester deserved to win yesterday, if Wobes puts his chance away you're then playing against a team who has lost 5 out of 6 away games who are playing against a team who are hard to score against.

If it wasn't for the Tilemans worldie...it's 0.0 at half time. Dom scores his 1 on 1 etc...

We had IMO the biggest chances. Didn't take them (like Wolves did the other week which also needed a Tilemans worldie to kick them off).

Huge part of the puzzle that needs fixing and we have the opportunity to in January.
This is very similar to my perspective on it. While there was a lot wrong yesterday, people can't ignore that we had some good chances to turn it around.

Yes, so did Leicester, but it's not like we were out of it: what if Iwobi scores, Dom finishes that effort (criminal he didn't) or Tarkowski heads it clearly?

I actually think if we'd scored we would have won yesterday because Leicester were, at times, as open and vulnerable as us. They weren't clinical, either.

Status
Not open for further replies.