2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
14 points after 14 games is not good enough. Rafael got us 18 points after 15 games with a lower spend.. This springs to mind. I hated Rafael managing us, but he has a point here.......

Fg1LGkEX0AEFQyz.jpg

This is very similar to my perspective on it. While there was a lot wrong yesterday, people can't ignore that we had some good chances to turn it around.

Yes, so did Leicester, but it's not like we were out the game: what if Iwobi scores, Dominic Calvert-Lewin finishes that effort (criminal he didn't) or Tarkowski heads it clearly?

I actually think if we'd scored we would have won yesterday because Leicester were, at times, as open and vulnerable as us. They weren't clinical, either.
If they had been clinical it could have been a lot worse
We were all at sea last night

While Leicester deserved to win yesterday, if Wobes puts his chance away you're then playing against a team who has lost 5 out of 6 away games who are playing against a team who are hard to score against.

If it wasn't for the Tilemans worldie...it's 0.0 at half time. Dom scores his 1 on 1 etc...

We had IMO the biggest chances. Didn't take them (like Wolves did the other week which also needed a Tilemans worldie to kick them off).

Huge part of the puzzle that needs fixing and we have the opportunity to in January.
That’s fine if you take that game in isolation, but similar shouts have been made after almost every game. It can’t always be one of those days, at some point you just have to accept that that’s how it is.

I’ve said repeatedly, I don’t want lampard out or anything remotely like that, but we need to stop pretending that questioning him is madness. He’s been here for nearly a full season of games and we’re barely any better overall than we were when he started. People have massively jumped the gun with him and now don’t want to row back.

14 points after 14 games is not good enough. Rafael got us 18 points after 15 games with a lower spend.. This springs to mind. I hated Rafael managing us, but he has a point here.......

View attachment 189741

This coming from a man, who as an army of friends in the media and very obviously has a PR team too.

Correct me if I`m wrong, but I can`t recall any in the media, calling him out at any point during his tenure.

The fans ( Blue Geordies ) yes, but the media, no.

View attachment 189741

Give Benitez Coady, Tarkowski, Gana, Onana and Patterson and he'll have done no worse a job than Lampard.

If Benitez was deemed not good enough to manage us then Lampard surely also should be deemed this considering their respective records at the club are near identical. Lampard is manager of EFC simply because the fans like him.

What an embarassing time to be a Blue and even more embrassing the board sanctioned the deal and made it a permanent one.

Expectations and ambishun have never been lower maybe since the Walker/Smith days.

Status
Not open for further replies.