2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think Lopetogui has failed in a couple of job, and Emery has struggled outside of Spain. Both are quite big risks.
Emery has an unbelievable track record and would have been perfect for us.

As for Emery struggling outside of Spain. He has had 2 jobs outside of Spain a 76.3% win rate at PSG and a 55.1% win rate at Arsenal.

Frank has a 34.3% win rate with us.

We've got to suck it up and move on can't keep getting the pistol out . bloody ell was gutted coming out the ground tonight but what is the answer just hope he gets it right in the end

Yes, but the converse may be true, that if we keep sacking managers, we will go down too.

Potter is a good shout, and we obviously wouldn't get Potter now. The issue is though, you look at a Cooper, who may be equivalent, and he spent 200m in the summer, and Forest are cut adrift in 20th. It's a hard league. We dont have much margin of safety.

You also have to factor in, our board and their approach would not be compatible with such a coach.

They are my concerns with it.

You could also make an argument, that Lampard himself is a young progressive coach. As Silva was. It just hasnt worked, for whatever reason.
Lampard isn't a young progressive coach, though.

The best coaches learn at a lower level. Create a philosophy and then progress. Lampard simply hasn't got a philosophy. At the moment he is throwing excrement at a wall and hoping some of it sticks.

It isn't his fault. The Premier League is far too tough an environment to learn on the job.

Emery has an unbelievable track record and would have been perfect for us.

As for Emery struggling outside of Spain. He has had 2 jobs outside of Spain a 76.3% win rate at PSG and a 55.1% win rate at Arsenal.

Frank has a 34.3% win rate with us.

Well 99% of Arsenal fans say he failed there and wanted him gone.

And at PSG, he played in a 1 team league, with vastly greater resources.

At Arsenal, he also had huge resources, and they went backwards from where Wenger had left them. Arteta has now outdone what he did. So he failed there too.

That's the glib reality. He failed in those jobs. Lampard has improved us on what the previous manager did, albeit modestly. But let's be frank here, you cant really compare Arsenal, or PSG with Everton in terms of the financial resources available.

I would be concerned if we got him. It might be 3rd time lucky and go well, but they got whacked the other day for 4. I do think he may struggle outside of Spain. So for me, he would not be perfect, given what I have seen.

Lampard isn't a young progressive coach, though.

The best coaches learn at a lower level. Create a philosophy and then progress. Lampard simply hasn't got a philosophy. At the moment he is throwing excrement at a wall and hoping some of it sticks.

It isn't his fault. The Premier League is far too tough an environment to learn on the job.

Why isnt he a young progressive coach? Hes young, he has an idealism of how he wants to play. But the reality of football can be more challenging. Is he not ticking both boxes by being young, and progressive?

On point 2, he has a philosophy, but it's a philosophy that doesnt work with and players. Martinez had a philosophy too didnt he? And how did they work out? I'd refer to the Mike Tyson quote, of everyone having a plan, until they are punched in the mouth. That's the issue here you get punched very hard, and few can withstand that.

As for the final point of learning on the job, is this not what he did at Derby? Like what else can be learnt, from spending years in lower league football?

Well 99% of Arsenal fans say he failed there and wanted him gone.

And at PSG, he played in a 1 team league, with vastly greater resources.

At Arsenal, he also had huge resources, and they went backwards from where Wenger had left them. Arteta has now outdone what he did. So he failed there too.
Thing is though Arsenal have a much higher standard than us, what they consider failure for us would be an achievement now.
Following Wenger was slways going to be a hard act

Thing is though Arsenal have a much higher standard than us, what they consider failure for us would be an achievement now.
Following Wenger was slways going to be a hard act

But they also had a much better squad, with much more money to spend. The fact he took a squad backwards is the big red flag.

Like Emery isnt going to do what he did at Arsenal at Villa or us as he would have far smaller resources.

It was the same as people looking at Lampards record at Chelsea as a barometer. It's an apples and pears comparison.

Why isnt he a young progressive coach? Hes young, he has an idealism of how he wants to play. But the reality of football can be more challenging. Is he not ticking both boxes by being young, and progressive?

On point 2, he has a philosophy, but it's a philosophy that doesnt work with and players. Martinez had a philosophy too didnt he? And how did they work out? I'd refer to the Mike Tyson quote, of everyone having a plan, until they are punched in the mouth. That's the issue here you get punched very hard, and few can withstand that.

As for the final point of learning on the job, is this not what he did at Derby? Like what else can be learnt, from spending years in lower league football?

He didn't spend years in lower League Football. He was at Derby for one year and failed. He was at Chelsea for a year and a half and failed. He has been with us for almost a full season and averages just above a point per game.

But they also had a much better squad, with much more money to spend. The fact he took a squad backwards is the big red flag.

Like Emery isnt going to do what he did at Arsenal at Villa or us as he would have far smaller resources.

It was the same as people looking at Lampards record at Chelsea as a barometer. It's an apples and pears comparison.
He took Arsenal to a Europa League final. I would kill for that.

He didn't spend years in lower League Football. He was at Derby for one year and failed. He was at Chelsea for a year and a half and failed. He has been with us for almost a full season and averages just above a point per game.

Ok. How many years do you want him to spend in lower league football? Where is the evidence of these managers spending years in the lower leagues doing a great job?

Did he fail at Derby? They finished in the play offs and lost the play off final. Was that a failure?

And he came 3rd with Chelsea didnt he? Again is this a failure?

And yes he averages just over 1 ppg, which kind of brings us back to the same point. So did Benitez. So did Silva in his final season. Is this our level? That's my concern.

The sad thing is that Leicester probably should have been even more convincing winners. We may have only won three league games so far this season, but some of our performances have been decent enough. Would we get anyone better than Lampard that's hard to say. The longer we stay in a relegation battle then it will become a conundrum.

That's something i refuse to contemplate right now though, i'm sure this game was the exception not the norm, and that Frank will get us moving right up that league table. As i said earlier Frank has a healthy bank account balance with me, but anymore performances like that and it'll start to drain fairly rapidly!

He took Arsenal to a Europa League final. I would kill for that.

But you sort of miss the point mate. Which is that he had far bigger resources, so it's not a like for like comparison.

It's like saying Lampard got Chelsea to 3rd, Potter had Brighton 16, 16 then 10. Get Lampard as he will get us to 3rd, which we would kill for. The issue is, you havent factored in the resources available to attain that.

Status
Not open for further replies.