2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont doubt we're being careful with him - but lets be honest he gets injured more in training than he does during a match.

If he wasn't fit to play more than 10-15 minutes then put someone from the academy on the bench or stick Onana up top in the Fellaini role with Maupay playing off him and Garner in the middle.

Hoofing balls up to 5ft8 Maupay all night was abysmal tactics.

tbh I don't remember too many balls being hoofed up to Maupay and us being as aerial as we probably should have been, until DCL came on.

There's no way anyone (unless your looking for an argument that is) would not want DCL on the bench tonight to at least come on for 20 minutes, get some match fitness and make a nuisance of himself.

We’re not still a work in progress though are we? It’s October, in his second season.

Good interview? I see this a lot. “He won the interview! Woohoo!”

This club needs better than a failed Derby County manager. Seriously, why does this bloke have such a spell over some of you?
He’s been here since January you clown. He’s gone into a club that has failed repeatedly for 10k+ days in fact as we’ve been delightfully told this week.

We were horrible, spineless cowards who were crap at football last season and in one transfer window he’s made us hard to beat.

We were crap today, and it was disappointing, but we were up against a team with multiple players who’ve been brought in for over 50million.

We’ll have good days and bad but most importantly we can all see the character and direction Frank is taking us and I think we’ll continue to improve the longer he’s here.

The players just weirdly didn't seem up for it at all..
the manager has a responsibility to make sure the players are up for it.. if they not (and it happens) he has to take action by subbing players who haven’t shown up. It would have made a statement subbing Gana or Gordon at half time. But he didn’t .. so the game drifted until 10 mins to go.

I was listening to TalkSport and he was quite open that at half time he was annoyed with the lack of intensity within the first half, and told the players so.
Good to hear. As I said I don’t think this is what Lampard wants from the team… he has to be ruthless to sort it out

only real criticism is the way we approached the game at 1-0, had real momentum and could have got a second rather than sitting in and being more pragmatic. it was just a bad day at the office which is to be expected - our entire front three needs upgrading and until that’s done we will always fall short in some matches

Don't really see how he can be faulted for tonight. Picked the right team and made subs to try and change it. The players just weirdly didn't seem up for it at all..

Inferiority complex even at 1.0 up. Couldn't deal with the press. Didn't press ourselves. Let them play. Panicked in possession.

Different game if we'd held the ball better, be more clever.

the manager has a responsibility to make sure the players are up for it.. if they not (and it happens) he has to take action by subbing players who haven’t shown up. It would have made a statement subbing Gana or Gordon at half time. But he didn’t .. so the game drifted until 10 mins to go.
They're professional football players though? he'll be motivating them as much as he needs to without having to teach them to suck eggs.

Everton players really need to start taking more responsibility in general.. they all too often let us down and, eventually, it's the manager who's left holding the can.

Status
Not open for further replies.