2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
tbh I don't remember too many balls being hoofed up to Maupay and us being as aerial as we probably should have been, until Dominic Calvert-Lewin came on.

There's no way anyone (unless your looking for an argument that is) would not want Dominic Calvert-Lewin on the bench tonight to at least come on for 20 minutes, get some match fitness and make a nuisance of himself.

I'm not having DCL off the bench at 75 minutes mate when we're flat as a witches knocker up top and having to chase a goal.

75 minutes sub if we're 1-0 up or 1-1 then fair enough I would agree with you - but we needed a goal/someone to hold the ball up top.

I get the "be careful with him shouts" but the last 18 months have told us repeatedly he could get 5 minutes on the pitch then awaits Bobbles "he's had a setback in training and being assessed" days later so I don't necessarily think kid gloves is any more a sound strategy at this point than get him on the pitch for as much as we can whilst we can.

only real criticism is the way we approached the game at 1-0, had real momentum and could have got a second rather than sitting in and being more pragmatic. it was just a bad day at the office which is to be expected - our entire front three needs upgrading and until that’s done we will always fall short in some matches

Issue isn't sitting in, it's finding a way to keep the ball and release it at the right time.

We invite countless pressure in the last few games based on giving the ball away. Front 3 lose the ball too easily, midfield launch the ball too quickly. Don't have a hold up player up top either. Just invited waves of attacks.

I'm not having Dominic Calvert-Lewin off the bench at 75 minutes mate when we're flat as a witches knocker up top and having to chase a goal.

75 minutes sub if we're 1-0 up or 1-1 then fair enough I would agree with you - but we needed a goal/someone to hold the ball up top.

I get the "be careful with him shouts" but the last 18 months have told us repeatedly he could get 5 minutes on the pitch then awaits Bobbles "he's had a setback in training and being assessed" days later so I don't necessarily think kid gloves is any more a sound strategy at this point than get him on the pitch for as much as we can whilst we can.

Sound mate, your not having it so your bezzy mate Rondon and his lard arse is on the bench and can be brought on anytime from minute 1 onwards......I wonder why he isn't ?

Good to hear. As I said I don’t think this is what Lampard wants from the team… he has to be ruthless to sort it out
I think he will. In reality, we may have underestimated United’s threat (five wins in six) and overestimated where we are on our journey.

There’ll be good weeks, and there’ll be bad weeks, with some in between. As long as the balance moves towards the former, we’re on track.

You can already see the vultures circling, when in reality it was one poor performance and one he and the players (Iwobi) acknowledged.

Poor performance. We know the team has a long wat to go and must accept night's like this.

We are aiming at mid table safety this season and build from there.

The manager and his management team need to be given three or four windows to build the team they want.

At least we are not Liverpool.

Tough games mate, but one's where we can get results if we play like we can.

Tonight we were well below standards yet still could have walked off with an undeserved point

Play like we did tonight against anyone in this league and we'll be struggling. It'd be a shame to see the momentum killed by the next two away games.

They're big matches imo because I thought we were a disgrace in both of these fixtures last year. Hopefully gives a demonstration of the improvement we've made.

If only we'd got Arteta instead of the fat Italian we'd never of had to endure Rafael and this fella.
Football doesn’t work that way, Arteta has done reasonably well at Arsenal, absolutely no chance he’d have had that same success here, the same snakes digging out Lampard would have gone for him too and likely got him out the job

Football doesn’t work that way, Arteta has done reasonably well at Arsenal, absolutely no chance he’d have had that same success here, the same snakes digging out Lampard would have gone for him too and likely got him out the job
He is however an example we could follow of a manager being backed to make tough decisions forcing out over paid bad apples and getting everyone on the same sheet.

Status
Not open for further replies.